• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone ever try these wireless headphones ?

Ju8st bought a pair of these after seeing this link so I will let you know how they work out. I have been running the Auvio wireless as well as the TDK WR700's on my AT Pros so we will see how these stack up against those 2.

Those should work.. how clean the sound and comfortable would be the question. These are standard radio frequence Working Frequency: 71-76 Mhz Just below the 88-108 FM public FM frequency.. Not sure what all shares that range... lets ask Mr Google.. In the US:
Industrial/Business Radio Pool 30-50, 72-76, 150-174, 216-220
So no delay.. but there is no way to utilize the transmitter without the special head phones...
Hope they work for you and sound good!

I just ordered these to try as well. On amazon there is one good review and one bad one. I figure that super stereo quality isn't a must for metal detecting so why not give them a shot.

Ok.. These just arrived and I tested them out on my home stereo and on my F75. On the stereo there is quite a bit of crackle on the high tones. My F75 makes them hum a bit. I think that some of the problem might be the cheap connector cables that come with it. I am going to hunt for some better cables around the house. I was also surprised that the transmitter is about the size of a cigarette pack. The headphones themselves are comfortable.

I tried a pair of these with a Teknetics Gamma 6000 and they were terrible. The transmitter caused interference with the detector and the display just jumped all over the place. I tried switching channels and made sure the batteries were fresh but there was no improvement. The audio was very scratchy (which may be a solvable impedance issue) but at least there was no appreciable delay.

I also bought the Sonics to try with my Omega. The sound is actually fine if you use an inline volume control. You just have to make sure that both the detector's volume control and the headphone's volume control are both adjusted properly. If the volume from the detector is too high, then the sound will be distorted. If the volume on the headphones is too high then you'll hear a loud hum. These are a decent, cheap set of wireless headphones with really no lag. So here's the problem: When the transmitting unit is powered on and connected to the detector, the Omega behaves like it is being bombarded with serious EMI. The sensitivity control needs to be turned way down before the machine will run quiet. This only happens when the transmitter is plugged into the detector. If it's not plugged in, it can be turned on and transmitting and placed on top of the detector, but it won't affect it at all. So it has to be something that is coming through the connection. Does anyone know if there is some type of filter that could be used? I've tried a number of different wireless setups, including some of the expensive ones, and they all had a little too much lag for me. The only other lag-free headphones that I've tried were the Rapoos, but the sound was just not good, even with the inline volume control. I had high hopes for the Sonics.......

Thanks, airscapes. Someone on another forum who has a Tek Gamma just ordered a transmitting unit that is similar to the Belkin. I'm waiting to see how it works for him.

Thanks, airscapes. Someone on another forum who has a Tek Gamma just ordered a transmitting unit that is similar to the Belkin. I'm waiting to see how it works for him.
I debated on buying an ipod transmitter but the DIY build was more fun and not much money so if it failed I would then buy the prebuilt.. Love the DIY is perfect for MD. Another plus is I have a 150 ohm resistor inline as the CM GT has no volume control This seems to have increased my battery life considerably.. I have not been tracking it exactly but it sure seem I have surpassed the 20 hours I got with earbuds alone in the past!

Not bad for a cheap set of Wireless Headphones!

I Saw this thread and decided to try a pair of the Sonics. I ordered mine from Amazon dot com. They cost me $20.54 shipped. I got them in 2 days. While testing them here in the house they first sounded pretty good. Then they stopped working, and had to take the apart and found that a screw fell out of its hole in side and was touching the circuit board. after putting it all back together they were working fine. I tested them on my At Pro with a volume control a they sound pretty good with no lag. Then I tried the on my E-trac with and without a volume control and the sound is too quiet. I then used a different volume control I had made from some Logitech computer headphones when I was too cheap to buy a volume control and they now sound pretty good and louder. The homemade volume control must have an amplifier in it. Then I went to the Park with them an the sound great no distortion, no interference, no lag. I had my sensitivity all the way up and received no EMI interference. I will admit the are cheap and the sound like they are cheap. They don't sound as good as my Auvio's or my Rapoo's. I also have a pair TDK WR700's and don't care for them because they have lag.

Ju8st bought a pair of these after seeing this link so I will let you know how they work out. I have been running the Auvio wireless as well as the TDK WR700's on my AT Pros so we will see how these stack up against those 2.

I value your opinion. Let us know Choppa - the Auvio's and TDK's will be hard to beat, as you already know.

Really sorry that I forgot to follow up on this thread.
These headphones ended up being OK but are not no where near the quality of the Auvios or the Kenwoods.
I guess I am spoiled on those and these have just been sitting on a shelf in the den for a few months now.
I did pick up a used set of the Rapoo wireless headphones and they are actually better than these and not much more price wise.

Back
Top Bottom