Ace250 LCD Visual Explanation

But when I use my ACE I hunt by tone. The machines are imperfect, and so am I. We make the best guess with the information available, then dig or walk.

Wise words, which should apply to virtually detector that has a visual display.

I have been an ace 250 owner for 6 years now. Avid user of it for a little over a year constantly. I love my machine! Only down fall I've found is that when you go over large iron, it shows up in large silver area with the "belltone" sound. Then I dig it and haul off the iron. I hunt in all metal mode with the #1 spot "notched out" to eliminate those lovely nails. But I dig all other signals. Like I said I love the 250, but wished it didn't bell tone on those large iron pieces. I would reccomend this MD for beginners

Proud to be a Texan!

I have been an ace 250 owner for 6 years now. Avid user of it for a little over a year constantly. I love my machine! Only down fall I've found is that when you go over large iron, it shows up in large silver area with the "belltone" sound. Then I dig it and haul off the iron. I hunt in all metal mode with the #1 spot "notched out" to eliminate those lovely nails. But I dig all other signals. Like I said I love the 250, but wished it didn't bell tone on those large iron pieces. I would reccomend this MD for beginners
Proud to be a Texan!

2+

It's been a few years now since I owned my old ACE 250. But one of the first things that I learned were 1. Wrap the wire going from the coil head to the brain box around the shaft, or zip tie it. If it flops around it slaps the shaft and you get false or ghost signals on non existent targets. 2. When pin pointing, swing away from the target then press pin point just before you swing back over it. 3. You can determine the size of an object by holding the pin point button down and slowly moving across an item from different directions. If the signal stops in an inch or two, likely a coin..... My machine often registered one cent on silver dimes...... Duracell 2000 mah rechargeable batteries work well in the ACE and can be recharged for years...... If my batteries were close to dying and or there were over head or under ground electrical lines near by, the machine would go bonkers. I had to move, or change the batteries, and sometimes do a factory re set in another spot by holding down the power button for about five seconds to get multiple beeps. This is just from memory a few years back. The ACE 250 isn't a depth demon but it is still a pretty decent machine and better than some give it credit for.

A very good presentation Todd.

The only thing I would take issue with (unless it was just for demonstration purposes ?), is the custom modes you have displayed.

You would risk losing a lot of good signals in those modes.
I am a believer of using only the bare minimum of discrimination.

Yes I will gaurreennnteee you will miss alot!! I run full-full and I will make the decision relative to target size when pinpointing, fading out when raising coil ect.
I still dig 90% a have found alot of rings with "poor" signals.....

This is a pretty helpful visual aide. I wish there was a way to take out the ding sound and make it more of a simple beep of differing tones like you can with AT pro. I feel like that would make pinpointing a great deal easier!

These are still good machines. My son and I still have one each, over 11 years old now and still working like new.

There is a video about how to "de tune" when you pin point. It is simple and really makes the pin point zone small.

I see these machines selling used for great prices. You will never see us sell ours.

Back
Top Bottom