What's under the old high school grand stands? BIG SILVER!

Goat88

Elite Member
My daughter was nice enough to accompany me to an old ghost town yesterday. Its a four mile hike with some good adventure mixed in. I thought for sure I'd at least get a few relics and maybe score an old silver but there was absolutely nothing. Where are the hinges, the door knobs, nails, anything. I found one nail and two old tin cans. Can anyone clue me in on to why that is. From my research I was in the right area. Even found an old road where the town sat. 1880's mining town that had a hotel, bar, brothels. Has everything just sunk too deep? Anyone with any experience with this?
Today I am driving around town and see that the old grand stand, at the first high school in my area, has been torn down and the gates are open. Its been down for a few months but they have had it all fenced off. I could not get home quick enough to grab my detector. And of course it was still in pieces from having it in my back pack the day before. Finally get out to the spot and there are so many nails and iron that I cant even hear the threshold unless I stopped moving the detector. Pulled a door knob and some plumbing parts right off the bat and after about an hour had a few 60's pennies and one silver dime, then the screen goes blank. This happens now every hunt but luckily the sound still works though no pinpointing either. I decide to slow it way down and started getting a feel for the high tones. I quickly started pulling 40s wheats and surprisingly four quick tax tokens, one right after the other. Then the half came and I knew it was going to be a good day. Dime after dime before I knew it though it was time to head home. 3 hrs was not enough time for this place, the grand stands were huge. Back out tomorrow evening hopefully. Thats my sixth silver half this year and breaks my old record of five. Puts me at 112 silver coins for the year. Happy hunting detectives.

Last edited:
A

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_180743.jpg
    IMG_20180623_180743.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 298
Congrats on the big silvers and other silvers as well! Report back if you get back there and find lots more!

Wow great school hunt! Nice, pay attention before they look it up again.

As far as the ghost town, most items should still be noticible by a detector, so I'm wondering if you missed it a bit.

That is one nice haul Jordan. Way to react to the situation and turn it to your advantage. Congrats on the Big Ben, all those Rosie's and the Merc. A very impressive hunt. Trapper

Wow great school hunt! Nice, pay attention before they look it up again.

As far as the ghost town, most items should still be noticible by a detector, so I'm wondering if you missed it a bit.
Thank you. Maybe I did miss the area but it was right at the confluence of two rivers so I would think it would be hard to miss.
Congrats on an excellent hunt.
Thank you
Congrats on all the silver!
Thank you
Congrats Goat!
Thank you
Man what a score there! Great work!
Thank you
Beautiful collection of silver you recovered. Congrats!
Thank you
That is one nice haul Jordan. Way to react to the situation and turn it to your advantage. Congrats on the Big Ben, all those Rosie's and the Merc. A very impressive hunt. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. It only got better.

Back
Top Bottom