Tom in Ca 15,000+ posts!

10,000 of those posts were about our sick East Coast finds and lamenting how easy it is to find large cents around here! Lol!

yeah! right! he keeps tryin to find 'em on the ''soggy" sidewalks of
san från!..aint happenin' tom! plus your boots are not high enough!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Tom is EVERYWHERE! But I can tell you he is one of the most knowledgeable and giving people around the California Bay Area. Just a wealth of information!

Hey guys, just now saw this post (Thanx Dave for alerting me to it).

You're all a great bunch of friends ! thanx for all the fun congrat'z messages. And , like you guys : Since we all love md'ing so much : It doesn't take arm-twisting to get us to chime in about md'ing topics. :laughing:

Besides, if it wasn't for control freaks like me, NOTHING WOULD GET DONE RIGHT IN THE WORLD ! :sissyfight:

True story, I live in NE Ohio nowhere near Tom, my buddy calls me and asked me if I wanted to metal detect where he has a trailer, a resort and I said "do they allow metal detecting", he says to me "I don't know if it is allowed but just bring your detector and go, if anybody says anything I will TALK to them". I told him I have someone I want you to meet!! I told him about Tom and he agrees with him. Thanks for all your input over the years, I'm 64 and you have taught this old man a thing or 2 about detecting!!!
Godspeed Tom

.... I told him about Tom and ...

Ha, you are the first quote I will personally reply to on this thread. Thanx to you, and everyone else's kind words here. As for this specific "bee in my bonnet" :

I will be the first to admit that I "push the envelope" . And PURPOSEFULLY push to the other side of the spectrum. Like any good hobbyist forum, it's to get people to think and reach a happy medium compromise.

I even have .... uh ... "interesting conversations" with my close-hunting buddies who say : 'Why do you bother ? Why even waste your breath ? LET other people grovel and fetch their obligatory 'no's'. Then that will simply be more places for us to hunt". :roll:

Doh !

Congrats Tom - one of my three favorites to follow

I have three favorite guys on this forum and TN. The other two I won't mention their names, but one of them tells the truth and sometimes that gets him banned. Not talking about Tom (but I think he has gotten booted once before for telling the truth). Yes there are lots of other great posters, but those are my top 3.

Hey guys, just now saw this post (Thanx Dave for alerting me to it).

You're all a great bunch of friends ! thanx for all the fun congrat'z messages. And , like you guys : Since we all love md'ing so much : It doesn't take arm-twisting to get us to chime in about md'ing topics. :laughing:

Besides, if it wasn't for control freaks like me, NOTHING WOULD GET DONE RIGHT IN THE WORLD ! :sissyfight:

tom!..have a "largie" on us!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

tom!..have a "largie" on us!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Hey, why not award him his own commemorative Large Cent :laughing:
Tom_in_CA large cent.jpg

Uh, Kob ? I'm thinking that's not what Tom has in mind when sees a largie. Maybe it's just me.
No ! It's the old school mustache and Village People. That's what he reminds me of , and those guys were great !

Back
Top Bottom