Pretty productive day until ....it happened :(

Last week I got water under my screen as well. This is the 5th time I've had to send one in for repair for water intrusion and in all cases there was water in the battery compartment. I will not dunk a Equinox unless it's under warranty.
I own other water machines, and use them all, but I prefer the versatility & weight of the Nox in & out of the water so there in lies the dilemma.

I just use my Nox 600 for dry sand, wet sand and only in the surf line. If I want to go deeper ,I'll use my old Tesoro Sand Shark. I like the Nox , but don't trust it. Also use a Minelab EX 505 inland and for dry beach sand.

Last week I got water under my screen as well. This is the 5th time I've had to send one in for repair for water intrusion and in all cases there was water in the battery compartment. I will not dunk a Equinox unless it's under warranty.
I own other water machines, and use them all, but I prefer the versatility & weight of the Nox in & out of the water so there in lies the dilemma.

I had heard this about water entering the battery compartment. I wonder if plumbers waterproof grease on the two "O" rings would help keep water out.

Speaking of Minelab products, took my PRO Find 35 for its first water hunt today, and it fried during the first target in about a foot of water in a creek. Havent had a problem with my NOX yet (I dont water hunt much), but was surprised to see that happen to my "waterproof" pin pointer. :mad:

Trying to dry it out ands see if it will work again. It turns on and off with the report, but I cant adjust anything nor will it pick up metal. Never had a problem with my old chinese waterproof pinpointer, but that one got smashed up.

I've had 2 PF 35's leak and they both acted the same way. I took an air compressor and blew as much water out as I could. They came back to life never to see the water again :)

Never had mine in the water. Rain and mud is all. I would like to see some statistics on the issue. Obviously there is a problem, although it's tough to get a feel for just how bad it is. I watch the Hoover Boys every week and of course the last couple of years they have added people who hunt with the Equinox and started doing water hunt videos. I never have heard any mention of leaking. Kurt mentioned in the last video he waiting for water proof headphones before he starts using his in the water.

I haven't either, but take what they say (or don't say) with a grain of salt.

I’ve had 2 drowned so far and the third one has water under the screen. They have been fast in replacing them. Also broke 2 coil ears. When the warranty up it’s done in the water. I have 2 cz 20s from the 90s that never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom