Bad Find while Bottle Hunting

pplinker

Forum Supporter
I started out to go bottle hunting last week and ran across a white jeep wrangler that was stuck in the mud. It was piled full of belongings but didn't see anyone around. Thought i should go home and ask my husband what he wanted to do about it. Drove the ATV past and started down a path to the creek to make a 3 point turn. There was a dead body laying on the sandbar. I won't go into detail, but it turned out it was a young man who must have ran out of options and committed suicide.

Here is a link that explains what he was running from:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...6lhPOC1DahKY7Ynl1yKxa80ey49mK0qc8A79yI4hjxzD_

I just want to say be careful out there. Most people i know would try to help anyone they could. But if someone had approached this person, it is just impossible to say what a desperate person might have done. Thanks for listening and just be wary of abandoned vehicles.

Good on you for trying to help Penny. What a lousy way to have your day ruined. Sorry you had to witness that. Really hard to unsee once you've seen it. Take care. Mark

I have seen vehicles in some weird places out in the wild through the years, but never anything like that. Thanks Penny for doing what you could in that situation. And yes, everyone, BE SAFE out there.

Today makes a week now since that discovery. It has consumed my thoughts as I go over possible scenarios of his last moments. I find myself feeling a misplaced sorrow for him, and remind myself the woman he killed is who deserves the sympathy.

Just need to keep busy so I made a list of things to do today, pay some bills, make a salad, wash the garage door, spray round up, wrap some coins, clean some bottles.

Thanks and God Bless.

Wow, Penny I feel for you. I can relate to this situation because my wife and I had a very similar event in Moab Utah. We came across an abandoned truck in the desert and just above in the rock outcropping a young man took that same unthinkable option. After finding out more through the Cops we learned of a troubled past . Be strong and remember how precious life is!

Mick

Back
Top Bottom