Coils For The Nox-- Lost and Unobtanium!

davedude

Ladies and Gentlemen I have to vent some displeasure about my current situation. Seems I have lost my Nox 800 6" coil somehow. Gone a full month and searches continue to be fruitless. Since my hunting has been limited to modern trashy parks recently this bothers me some. Of course the 11" coil works but ........!

And so we come to vent part two, the Coiltek 10x5 for the Nox is out of stock everywhere, six to ten weeks out on delivery. I just decided to buy one and had no idea it was so popular. I guess neither did Coiltek, they seem to have been caught with their pants down regarding demand and production of this coil.

So my two small coil options for the nox are out of reach. Argghhh! I apologize but had to vent some. :mad:

I made inquiry with a forum sponsor to get in line for the 10x5 and will throw the ATPro in the truck with the 4.5" sniper on it to get me by.

That sucks ! Hopefully you lost it in your house , garage or under your car seat . I'm always misplacing something and it drives me nuts ! Right now I'm getting rid of stuff
I don't need and organizing all my stuff to were it's visible and easy to get at . All containers which are not see thru will be labeled as to its contents . I hope
your lost coil turns up and you don't have to wait forever for your ordered coil .Luckily you had another detector and small coil for a standby . Happy hunting !

Ladies and Gentlemen I have to vent some displeasure about my current situation. Seems I have lost my Nox 800 6" coil somehow. Gone a full month and searches continue to be fruitless. Since my hunting has been limited to modern trashy parks recently this bothers me some. Of course the 11" coil works but ........!

And so we come to vent part two, the Coiltek 10x5 for the Nox is out of stock everywhere, six to ten weeks out on delivery. I just decided to buy one and had no idea it was so popular. I guess neither did Coiltek, they seem to have been caught with their pants down regarding demand and production of this coil.

So my two small coil options for the nox are out of reach. Argghhh! I apologize but had to vent some. :mad:

I made inquiry with a forum sponsor to get in line for the 10x5 and will throw the ATPro in the truck with the 4.5" sniper on it to get me by.

My understanding is that COVID-related supply issues are the cause.

There are plenty of 6 inch coils on EBay. Waiting for a coil that will offer no real benefits is up to you.

There are plenty of 6 inch coils on EBay. Waiting for a coil that will offer no real benefits is up to you.

Yes I could replace my 6" coil for $179 I believe, Ebay price but I hope to find it still. There are no Coiltek 10x5 for the Nox800/600, they are all gone in the US. Outside the US I have no idea.

I like a smaller detection spot size sometimes in heavy trash. Could have used it today actually. I did make the 11 work in that stuff, I had to, forgot to throw the AT Pro in the truck!

Ok happy days are here I found my 6 inch coil in the back of the subaru. Used it yesterday for a short hunt which yielded about 14 cents in clad. Hope today is better!

Glad you found it. The other day I was about to have a heat stroke. LOL not really, but it was very hot and I was worn out. I sat my Equinox down and took off my belt and gloves and in my haste to get back in my FJ I failed to put my detector in the back. I didn't see it until I was backing out and boy am lucky I did. It was out in the open and might have lasted 5 minutes without someone snagging it. That would have been a nightmare! I've been paranoid ever since.

Glad you found it. The other day I was about to have a heat stroke. LOL not really, but it was very hot and I was worn out. I sat my Equinox down and took off my belt and gloves and in my haste to get back in my FJ I failed to put my detector in the back. I didn't see it until I was backing out and boy am lucky I did. It was out in the open and might have lasted 5 minutes without someone snagging it. That would have been a nightmare! I've been paranoid ever since.

I am right there with you. One day last fall I finished detecting at dusk at a sketchy old park, the kind of place filled with vagrants and homeless folks sleeping or passed out in the shade of the big trees, Anyway, I finished detecting and propped my Equinox on my shovel and went to unlock the dig rig. I opened the hatchback, took off my belt and pouch and set it in the back. I then got distracted looking at an old wheat penny I found , trying to read the date through the crust. I then closed the hatchback , got in and drove away, leaving my detector and shovel behind. I drove all the way home, about 5 miles, through traffic. When I got home and went to put things away, I discovered my carelessness. Panicked, I sped back to the park, miraculously not getting a ticket or crashing on the way. I expected to find nothing and was already trying to justify the new credit card bill I would have. Amazingly, my detector was right where I left it 30 minutes prior, propped up next to sidewalk. I am only going to get one reprieve like this so you can bet I am extra careful now.

I am right there with you. One day last fall I finished detecting at dusk at a sketchy old park, the kind of place filled with vagrants and homeless folks sleeping or passed out in the shade of the big trees, Anyway, I finished detecting and propped my Equinox on my shovel and went to unlock the dig rig. I opened the hatchback, took off my belt and pouch and set it in the back. I then got distracted looking at an old wheat penny I found , trying to read the date through the crust. I then closed the hatchback , got in and drove away, leaving my detector and shovel behind. I drove all the way home, about 5 miles, through traffic. When I got home and went to put things away, I discovered my carelessness. Panicked, I sped back to the park, miraculously not getting a ticket or crashing on the way. I expected to find nothing and was already trying to justify the new credit card bill I would have. Amazingly, my detector was right where I left it 30 minutes prior, propped up next to sidewalk. I am only going to get one reprieve like this so you can bet I am extra careful now.

Exactly the kind of place I was at. As a matter of fact there was a homeless guy sitting on an old set of steps under a huge oak tree at my spot the other day. I gave up hunting one spot cause the homeless won't leave you alone. That spot was actually a Union camp! The trash though is just insane. A guy was found dead 3 weeks ago at one of my spots were I have found plenty of late 1800's V's and IHP's. It's getting more dangerous all the time.

Just yesterday I left my shovel outside the subie. I prop it against the side with my nox but forgot to put it in. Backing up to leave I heard it make a noise when it fell down. DOH! I've not left my detector yet thank goodness but have left my shovel at least three times. Been very lucky to still have it.

Senior moments

Just yesterday I left my shovel outside the subie. I prop it against the side with my nox but forgot to put it in. Backing up to leave I heard it make a noise when it fell down. DOH! I've not left my detector yet thank goodness but have left my shovel at least three times. Been very lucky to still have it.

i think we all have those senior moments the worse ,i have lost but later found was one of my hand diggers so far. :laughing:

i think we all have those senior moments the worse ,i have lost but later found was one of my hand diggers so far. :laughing:

Dave you are too kind. :-) Your not going to believe this----I did it again yesterday. Did not hear it fall but felt it when I ran over it! DOH! No damage. Tough shovel. Got a whopping 35 cents in clad that hunt using the 6" coil I recently recovered from lost but was digging mid tones in a trashy park hoping to find a ring. Guess what I dug the most of? Yeah, square tabs, pull tabs, beavertails, aluminum screw tops and other assorted junk. It's ok though at least I was out swingin.

I pm'd a couple sponsors about coils and got no reply. Their loss. Went to a vendor I have bought from before and got on his waiting list for the Coiltek 10x5.

Dave you are too kind. :-) Your not going to believe this----I did it again yesterday. Did not hear it fall but felt it when I ran over it! DOH! No damage. Tough shovel. Got a whopping 35 cents in clad that hunt using the 6" coil I recently recovered from lost but was digging mid tones in a trashy park hoping to find a ring. Guess what I dug the most of? Yeah, square tabs, pull tabs, beavertails, aluminum screw tops and other assorted junk. It's ok though at least I was out swingin.

I pm'd a couple sponsors about coils and got no reply. Their loss. Went to a vendor I have bought from before and got on his waiting list for the Coiltek 10x5.

At least you know that shovel is tough enough to serve all your digging needs , not sure that is a good way to test them. Raining here again , we have more than enough over the last week ground can't soak any more in . Probably over 8 inches in a week.

2 sites had a handful of coiltek 10x5s in stock about 2 weeks ago. I got one as did a few others from my posting it on forums. Just have to check every so often.

If you're willing to pay a little bit extra, I went the route of ordering my Coiltek 10x5 from the UK and had it shipped here. Slightly more expensive but eh, didn't really care. I love my 6" coil but wanted something wider but still great separation in trashy sites which is my main area to hunt.

10x5 NOX! They are slowly trickling into the U.S. Be patient. Mine arrived yesterday, a mere 5 months since it was pre ordered. Can't complain too much as it was completely paid for with found 2020 clad. Did a couple tests with it this morning and it appears to be well worth the long wait. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• fotor_1627060997272.jpg
    fotor_1627060997272.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 276
Back
Top Bottom