• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Happyheather

Hi! I posted on here looking for ideas on my first metal detector. I was guided to the sponsors page. I called and left a message for all 4. I received an email from Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors within hours. One never bothered to contact me at all, one waited a week but another one called me back saying they have the best price, and I explained, no I received a great deal on the Equinox 800 bundle. They continued to tell me that you will never get it, that they receive calls about them and then they end up ordering from them. I contacted Jeff about this and he said that he would ship it that same day and in hours, I would have a tracking number. That was all true. I ordered it Monday August 31st and I received today September 2nd. I never used a metal detector in my life. I saw a few YouTube videos and read a lot on here, but it was so simple to assemble. I charged it for 4 hours and I was already outside in my yard. Within a few minutes, I found a 1975 penny. A few minutes later a huge hinge, roofing nails and a bolt. But it was so fun. I am learning and I will only get better. I highly recommend Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors and getting the Equinox 800 and Garret pin pointer. Iā€™m super happy and excited I did. Call Jeff (734) 624-8462.

Thank you for all the advice and guidance. This forum is amazing. šŸ˜Š

Last edited:
Congrats on the new detector. You're going to love detecting.

I second everything you said about Jeff. I purchased a detector from him last week and he was fast as lightning on calling back and shipping.

Congrats on your new detector! You will learn, you will get better, but digging junk is just part of this hobby. The key thing is to have fun.

You made an excellent purchase with the 800. I recently purchased the 600 and am so far very pleased with the results. Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom