New permission, first trip. Will be heading back!

Fooleeze

I recently got a new permission very close to my house (I could walk there). It is three vacant properties next to one another. One used to have an old farm house (Built around 1900), the middle had a 1960s home which was removed a few years ago, and the third had an old structure that the owners suspect might have been an 1800s school house or something. In all I'm looking at about 3+ acres.

So this past weekend I was able to get out there for only about 2 hours. I dug a lot of trash, but did manage to pull 3 wheaties, a really nice 1891 IHP, and a 1946 Rosie dime. I also pulled a few old brass pieces that show some age. I also found maybe $1.00 in clad, but didn't include that in the pics.

I'll certainly be heading back for more to try to focus around where the farm house was, as well as the older structure. Here's hoping I unearth something really cool.

I'll also be posting this is the "Help ID my finds" section for some of the brass pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_20181031_212517.jpg
    IMG_20181031_212517.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_20181031_212558.jpg
    IMG_20181031_212558.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 389
Thats awesome! Sounds like a great permission, good luck out there. I look forward to seeing what you dig up.

The ihp cam out with a tough crust of dirt on it. I was able to scratch most off with my fingernail and a toothpick. Still have more to get off. Honestly the toothpick doesn't work that well, the fingernail is best. But I gotta wait for the nail to grow back. :)

I use a wooden skewer like for shishkebobs on IHP and Wheaties. Works pretty good and saves on the fingernails.

Back
Top Bottom