Last Local Football Stadiums Hunts

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
I got out detecting around 10:00 AM this morning and did my last hunts of my two local football stadiums for this year. I did well considering how many times I have hunted these sites. The grand total was $ 9.08 with $ 1.60 of this total in fresh drops. The season is over here and these two sites produced very well for me. I now must move on to new hunting grounds. My Nox 800 with the 6" coil continues to sniff out the coins. I decided to post pictures this time even though it's all clad coins. GL to all and HH.

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 243
There's three HS football complexes in my county. I met up with forum member lilworm last sunday morning at the third one...I had already hit the other two this season. I ended up with $17.65 and he got $6.65 and there's still a LOT of area that we didn't cover. It helped that I hit the concession stand area so I got a lot of quarters. It's non stop digging at these places.

Nice! Hey Ron...I hunt the Stadiums here right on up into December...especially over the TG School holiday...a guy can really clean up and relax since nobody is around...It also seems the gates are open quite a bit after the full sports season ends...grass is nice and flat, dirt is soft and damp, etc...perfect conditions...the Final Clad Cleanup...

Nice! Hey Ron...I hunt the Stadiums here right on up into December...especially over the TG School holiday...a guy can really clean up and relax since nobody is around...It also seems the gates are open quite a bit after the full sports season ends...grass is nice and flat, dirt is soft and damp, etc...perfect conditions...the Final Clad Cleanup...
Mud, I have hit both my local stadiums often and very hard. I know the caretakers well at both stadiums and I am always welcome to hunt there. Other than a few penny signals, I have pretty much boned these two sites. One is my high school and the other the neighboring rival school. Both these stadiums are less than 5 miles from my house. I plan on checking out some other stadiums that are in our county league this Sunday. I try to hunt early on Sunday's when no one is around.

I plan on checking out some other stadiums that are in our county league this Sunday. I try to hunt early on Sunday's when no one is around.

This is exactly what I do! I google around via the satellite to find the other local Stadiums within 30 miles..I can then find the place where I will park, primary drop zones and the concessions, plot out a route from one to the other, and really ransack the clad to make the drive worthwhile!...Thats the idea anyway...

My 'within 20 mile' stadiums I've flat cleaned out and they are not worth the time or effort anymore....

I'm now looking at stadiums 50 miles out!..A guy does the math for the ROI potential and considers the effort to make pay or just break even...Its a grim forecast with no promises if theres been another local Clad Hammer sweeping them....Its a real tough gig to go slamming Stadiums for big Clad easy pay anymore...

Luckily for me, here in Michigan we got the 10c can deposit...a lot of times thats the only thing that saves the day for coming close to 'break even'! Tragic! :laughing:

A guy says to himself..."Damn! I woulda been net positive hunting the local place for 15 cents than driving 200 miles for $20!" :laughing:

When a guy gets to thinking about ROI dirt Clad hunting, especially after an unprofitable early morning foray afield....A fellow starts considering the alternatives...Like simply running the nearby local stores and pulling all the coins out of the 'take a penny' tray..or hunting the Coinstar reject hoppers..or becoming a 'collection basket' boy at the church on Sunday mornings and doing the fast skim of bills....thoughts like this are what troubles me...:laughing:

Last edited:
ROI Clad hunting is waay better than fishing, pleasure boating, golfing and many other hobbies.

Keep that in mind :)

I am just a slight bit jealous of you guys who can gain access to schools stadiums etc. Every school, stadium, playground in my area is fenced, no trespassing signs and locked gates when school is not in session.. The fences are too tall for me to climb over. So all I can do is drive by and wish.

Back
Top Bottom