New permission just keeps giving silver

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Went back to a new permission I got a few weeks ago. This is my forth trip there . Started off slow and was beginning to wonder if I was even going to find anything. Got over to an area under some pine trees and got a good 12/35 signal 6", out comes an 1883 IHP. I ended up hitting (3) more IHP, 1905 and two I cant read the date on, yet. Walked around the other side of the house that I hunted the other night and found the Barbers. Got a good signal at 12/33, 9", out comes a 1909 Wheatie. That's the second 1909 wheatie I have found but unfortunately no VDB on it. It was getting dark and I thought once again, going home without any silver. Started working my way to the truck, got a 12/44, 3". Dug up the 1899 Barber Dime. YAHOOOO!!! Happy Dance. Great evening hunt. I am surprised about the Barber dime since ksopie and I hunted the exact area the other day and missed it. Hmmm, just goes to show you I guess. I will keep going back as long as I can continue picking up coins like this. Found a few other coins, headstamps and the water hose nozzle.

CTX3030 in Coin Mode, Ground Coin, +3, Combined Tones, Fast On.

Attachments

• DSC01873.JPG
    DSC01873.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 327
I don't know which is more cool, silver and injuns or that old Scrabble tray for displaying them!

Another very nice outing Jerry. Congrats on the Barber, the small tribe of Indians and the 1909 Wheat. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, I just put the 17" coil on and going back tomorrow if it quits raining. Hope I have more to show !!

Back
Top Bottom