remember when...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
you were just a punk scrapping around the tracks... you still are
jack.jpg

anywho, you would put pennies on the rail and wait for the train to rumble through then go looking for them :roll: well here is the prep school version;

found it today... little rich kids these days, no concept of money

100_1434-1.jpg

Remember when you were just a punk scrapping around the tracks... you still are

LOL you're a card

Neat find!:cool:

well here is the prep school version;

found it today... little rich kids these days, no concept of money

100_1434-1.jpg

HEY!!!!!!!!! I WENT TO PREP SCHOOL and I didnt do that to quarters....................................................................
...............they just werent worth my time!!!!!

But........I occupied my time making these...................

The King does not think that for certain the quarter you picture was placed on a railroad and run over! That looks much more like a classic double strike...look up some double strike error coins on ebay and see if they do not look similar to you!

Attachments

• double strike mem.jpg
    double strike mem.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 277
  • double strike nickel.jpg
    double strike nickel.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 275
  • double strike qtr.jpg
    double strike qtr.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 282
yea, double struck by a frieght train
untitled.jpg

are you serious? such a coin could not get out of the mint could it?
we always put more than one coin on the rail so most likely it was the first hit coin that tumbled and pressed over another.

Your coin is so heavily damaged that it is hard to tell whether it was from the mint or a train. But yes, those coins did come out of the mint like that. The mint ships coins to bank in giant bags, so as long as it got past the inspector it would be in circulation.

It is my recollection of such activities that the coins were always MUCH flatter and longer than the one depicted in your picture.

HEY!!!!!!!!! I WENT TO PREP SCHOOL and I didnt do that to quarters........they just werent worth my time!!!!!

I never went to a prep school, but I remember in junior high, some kids would throw there change away in the trash because they though it made them look rich, like they were too good for change. I wish they would have just thrown them out on the athletic field instead! :yes:

CurbPirate, whats the deal with the random pics in all your posts? :?:

It is my recollection of such activities that the coins were always MUCH flatter and longer than the one depicted in your picture.

pennies would have been so much softer and smaller that they really flaten out to the size of a quarter under the weight of the locomotive. I think this would be consistant with a quarter but as a kid a quarter bought a chick O stick and a black cow so I would have nothing but speculation. But note the ripples from directional motion and the bottom is much thinner than the top in the pic thus a train climbed over it... almost postive at this poiint.

Hey, should we have one smashed to see? ;)

Curb Pirate; are you serious? such a coin could not get out of the mint could it? QUOTE said:
Totally serious....I have about 2 dozen of these types of mint errors in my collection from a few years back when I was collecting various mint errors. Even with the US Mint's quality controls, when their quarter machines turn out millions in a week, you think they got someone who looks at em all????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My thought was that your coin is still round and original size...The King has never seen one run over by a train that was not elongate or distorted!

The King still thinks you got a mint error, tho in pretty bad shape for the face of the coin! The way this happens is that the coin did not completely eject before the die stamped again on another blank.

A few times The King has seen on ebay, very rare matched pairs of mated coins where they fit together as they were stamped together...The King always wanted a set of those but they are always way more than the King has available in his Royal Treasury! :lol::lol::lol:

Well then King... if you really want it you can have it for a favor

get the Royal powers that be... grant me a subtitle, I really want

'village idiot'

pennies would have been so much softer and smaller that they really flaten out to the size of a quarter under the weight of the locomotive. I think this would be consistant with a quarter but as a kid a quarter bought a chicken stick and a black cow so I would have nothing but speculation. But note the ripples from directional motion and the bottom is much thinner than the top in the pic thus a train climbed over it... almost postive at this poiint.

Hey, should we have one smashed to see? ;)

Curby, I was just curios about the pics, not complaining. I didn't see they were your version of "smilies".

Wow, Chicko stix and black cows.... You're taking me back quite a few years there!! Good times. :thumbsup:

Curby, I was just curios about the pics, not complaining. I didn't see they were your version of "smilies".

Wow, Chicko stix and black cows.... You're taking me back quite a few years there!! Good times. :thumbsup:

Who knows how most people feel about my goofiness in this forum, my son says stop with the daily video's as he thinks they are too personal and mostly boring. I ask if he would make my daily bling post and video and he said NO! :lol: I figue if anyone dosent like my dribble then don't click on it, the mods will do the rest.

Where else can a TH'er show his stuff and see stuff that motivates one to go out each day and look for more stuff. I do like Jack Nicholson and relate to his bizarre personality in most of his movies. I don't think he can hide behind the actor he pretends to be, he IS really crazy :lol:

Stay you man, your personality is refreshing. We all know that you are borderline crazy, but so what we like you that way!:lol:

Chicago

Well I live by a very active train track....

you will put a quarter on the rail?
mac-1.jpg
all these tracks around here have a third rail :shock: plus the stupid Metra would probably derail

Chief?
jackchief2.jpg
don't do it, many bad memories of Iron Horse and flying buffalo

I can't find the two-bits to add to this thread but this aged one remembers Slo-Poke 's and Black Cows selling for just a nickel. :lol: The Chix Sticks must by after my time or maybe a different name? :shock: Regardless this may or may not be a nice find.:yes: Jack

I can't find the two-bits to add to this thread but this aged one remembers Slo-Poke 's and Black Cows selling for just a nickel. :lol: The Chix Sticks must by after my time or maybe a different name? :shock: Regardless this may or may not be a nice find.:yes: Jack

Chick'O'Stick.... they still sell them

images-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom