• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

today's bling... tuesday

(Heavy)

Elite Member
<---vid

I know one of you have found this ring with the weird writing on it, I have seen this in here somewhere. Since it VDI's in the mid 50's I'm thinking it's fools gold. Might be plated but I really tried to buff off the plating and I can't find a break in the skin. I bet it's the same stuff they used to make US dollar coins out of because that is what it shines like.

100_1423-1.jpg

The pic is to small for these old eyes to see maybe you are talking about lord of the rings do a search and see if thats it. I have found several and there is some gold ones out there I have seen them but never found a gold one. Nice catch...

Bling king!

We have a King :lol:

There was a guy in here who could make silver rings out of quarters, I wonder if he could take one of my dollar coins (the gold ones) not the SBA's and pound out a nice Bling. That would be a project I would like to see done :yes: and I would want it to be from my own find. Who do I see about that?

We have a King :lol:

There was a guy in here who could make silver rings out of quarters I wonder if he could take one of my dollar coins (the gold ones) not the SBA's and pound out a nice Bling. That would be a project I would like to see done :yes:

Oh yeah, don't want to make the king angry, lol.

<---vid

I know one of you have found this ring with the weird writing on it, I have seen this in here somewhere. Since it VDI's in the mid 50's I'm thinking it's fools gold. Might be plated but I really tried to buff off the plating and I can't find a break in the skin. I bet it's the same stuff they used to make US dollar coins out of because that is what it shines like.

100_1423-1.jpg

Lord of the Rings.....ring

qa is right on - lord of the rings. Just wanted to say that I saw online one time they issued some gold ones and silver ones also. Steve in so az

It looks pretty, take a moment and get it checked out. You may be surprised. But then again your the Prince (Can't be the King):lol: of bling, very hard to surprise....

Regardless looks to be another great day for you, Congrat's! Jack

Tunstun gold plated is a pretty good match in google pictures. That would be good enough for today, wife loves Lord of the Rings so it's history now :lol:

It is the Feanorian (elvish) script. However, the verse itself is in the Black Speech of Mordor. In the Common Speech it reads:

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

so it's not Habib's bling... thanks for sorting this out, I never would have known because I didn't watch the movie but it looks like a new signature for me. explains the 55 VDI which matches other gold plated i've found. Still doesnt count as my first solid gold.

jack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom