Police... no shots fired

They help you find boobs in the dark. :cool:

THAT IS THE BEST COME BACK ON THIS FORUM EVER!!!! CLASSIC

jack.jpg

I know there is law enforcement on this forum, seriously if the officer had ask me to turn around and he was alarmed by my combo holster (which does look a little intimidating even when it's empty) and he requested I drop everything to the ground... does that actually mean DROP :shock: Is there wiggle room for say; squat and lay my 1500.00 machine down? Can I reply to the question with my concern before the shooting starts?

jackchief2.jpg
Cheif say drop means drop and doing a squat bender wasn't the demand. Plus it isn't on any list of sobriety tests.

What say ye Mr Bansby?

I know there is law enforcement on this forum, seriously if the officer had ask me to turn around and he was alarmed by my combo holster (which does look a little intimidating even when it's empty) and he requested I drop everything to the ground... does that actually mean DROP :shock: Is there wiggle room for say; squat and lay my 1500.00 machine down? Can I reply to the question with my concern before the shooting starts?

In this situation.. you may want to try the following ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ityEgXvVBf4

Night hunting has been in my history for a very long time, from Nightcrawlers to Catfishing. Calling Coon or Fox all under the stars. Even the morning paper route had to be delivered before 5am so 2:30 was a fine time to start. Seems my life has always been outdoors after dark. Always liked the shadows and the independence and freedom of the night. Welcome to my world.

i've had more encounters fishing at nite along the river then metal detecting at nite, you'd be surprised how many times i've had raccoons/rats/fox and who knows what other critters creepin up behind me while i'm sittin along the river. i've only seen a couple raccoons and a opossum while nite detecting and they were runnin away and not sneakin up behind me

Last night I hit a large park just before things started to slow down. Tot lot first (no tots just teens) it's dark. Saw that full moon, knew the lights would go off at the Baseketball courts and the brothers would head out last. As soon as the volley games ended and their court lights shut off I was out of the bark multch and going for my scoop :yes:

Couple trinkets from the playground, got the sand shifted on all three nets for two earrings and it's midnight before I get to the dark b-ball courts. I was just coming around the last corner of the last court when I see the squad car search light sweeping the park LOL (there has got to be a better place to park) He wasn't having any luck spotting me and I didn't want my plates ran so I came out.

I put both arms out (detector in one, scoop in the other) and walked out of the darkness toward his vehicle. One young policeman exited and looked really nervous. Hand on his weapon I was not dropping my arms and kept moving toward him until he could see me clearly. I was worried if he ask me to turn around he would see my modified holster hanging from my pistol belt under my T-shirt.

Good morning officer, metal detecting he says, yes sir :D I dropped my arms and he stepped back... oops. Park actually closes after the lights turn off he says, I'm done here officer, I guess the time just slips away when you are having fun. Well if you want you can stay a while longer he says with a smile, is that your truck? yes sir. "Have a nice evening, and be careful." thank you sir.

So I slipped back into the shadows, where I could see and hear everything that moves in the night. Man there is no better feeling then hunting the witching hour. I never wear headsets day or night anyway but there is something very exciting about owning the night in a Chicagoland park. Fear is contageous, like a wild animal stalking that scap of bling in the dead of the night.... I just love it!

Do I see things? yes, do they see me... not unless I want them too.

Good deal!!! At least the Officer was nice about it. I can see that it could've went both ways considering the park was closed, but as You implied, that's the best most peaceful time to get in a Your Detecting zone!!

Back
Top Bottom