I found my biggest gold ring with my new Nox!

I always dig zinc signals. About half of the gold rings that I have found rang up in the range, although I thought that they were a little more stable numbers and did not jump around. congrats on a great looking ring!

Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds > showthread.php?t=258081&highlight=Compass >
I found my biggest gold ring with my new Nox!

Hi NCtoad !,

I see from your Profile you have the Minelab Equinox 800 and from your post #33 on page #4, your first reply to Compass (copied below) regarding the 10 gold rings you tested presumably with your nox 800, that depending on the size and thickness, they came in anywhere from 5 up to 21 on your display screen, same as Zinc pennies.

Can you tell me which metals and coins your 5 through 21 numbers correlate with the Tesoro Compadre target indicators shown in the attached picture of it's console ? Perhaps listing your (17) numbers in groups that approximately match the printed target sectors on the Compadre console would be sufficient for me and easier for you.(?)

Originally Posted by Compass View post
Toad beat me to it but I did some bench testing after getting the Nox this week and yes, a few of my gold rings fell right into the same ID range as zinc pennies. Nice gold btw- congrats!!!

Thank you! I have around 10 gold rings that I just tested. Depending on the size and thickness they came in anywhere from 5 up to 21. So yes, you just never know...it pays to dig!

Thanks in advance NCtoad ! :thankyou:
ToddB64

Attachments

• Tesoro Compadre Console, comfp.jpg
    Tesoro Compadre Console, comfp.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Awesome find Toad!!! Amanda and I are getting ready to upgrade machine's and I've been on the fence with getting a Nox. The last few days I keep seeing stories like this where you guys are finding these awesome finds jn spots you've already pounded haha I think this settles it!

I can't believe this! ... I had been over that same area many times in the past and probably had my coil over it, but didn't dig it because I thought it was a zincoln.

And THAT is why I dig those penny signals! :yes:

No honker of a gold ring like that for me, yet, though... Great find! Congratulations!

Gold class ring is on my bucket list! Good work and HH

Awesome find Toad!!! Amanda and I are getting ready to upgrade machine's and I've been on the fence with getting a Nox. The last few days I keep seeing stories like this where you guys are finding these awesome finds jn spots you've already pounded haha I think this settles it!

That is a great start with the new machine Scott. Congrats on a huge Gold recovery. Trapper

And THAT is why I dig those penny signals! :yes:

No honker of a gold ring like that for me, yet, though... Great find! Congratulations!

Not just honkers. My GF got a men's gold ring at just over 8 grams. Was 14k. Hit a 20/21 zinc signal on my Nox.

Thanks guys, but do you realize this happened 1 year and 3 months ago?:lol: That's how long I've had my nox. I just found another 14k ring with my nox last Sunday and it was the first gold ring ever found by me in the water. I posted it in the beach and water section. That makes three gold rings with the nox. So counting the one in this thread they rang up: 20/21, 17 and 12.

Thanks guys, but do you realize this happened 1 year and 3 months ago?:lol: That's how long I've had my nox. I just found another 14k ring with my nox last Sunday and it was the first gold ring ever found by me in the water. I posted it in the beach and water section. That makes three gold rings with the nox. So counting the one in this thread they rang up: 20/21, 17 and 12.

Ooops lol! I'll have to get Better at checking original post dates haga . Either way its a killer ring and I'm buying a nox! )
Lol

Back
Top Bottom