A tale of two parks (with a happy ending)

Bagelbites

Forum Supporter
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I usually get to hunt only one morning per week, and this morning was it. I chose a park on Google maps and headed out. As soon as I arrived at the crack of dawn, I noticed a group of homeless/druggies milling around, and trash and clothes everywhere. Detecting was nearly impossible due to the trash in the ground, and the group of unsavory characters had their eye on me. I saw one of them urinating, not even trying to hide it. Overall, I had a bad feeling about the park, and hopped in the pickup to find something new.

Google maps again. I arrived at the second park, about 2 miles away, and was immediately greeted with a smile by a lady walking her dogs. The sun was shining, the air was fresh, and there was hardly any trash in the ground. I started finding quarters immediately, which is always a good sign for me. Towards the end of the hunt, I found this gold grill in the spectator area of the baseball field, third base side. It's not marked, but is definitely gold. I believe 14k. My 2nd gold grill of my detecting career. I also pulled in a little more than $9 in clad.

Location is everything! I'm going to be more picky about my parks, as there is no shortage of options around here. Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Attachments

• 20181120_124027.jpg
    20181120_124027.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 20181120_124350.jpg
    20181120_124350.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 446
You kidding? Dammit! $9 in clad and a gold dirt grill pulling @$150 melt?? Plus you saw some bums and had an adventure?? I'm urinating in public right now just thinking about it! "The Age of Foolishness" :laughing:

Nice job, Bagelbites!

That's awesome to have picked up a 2nd grill. That's something I think I'd be scrapping pretty quickly though. Unlikely to ever "wear it" or see if "it fits!"

LOL

Cheers!

Skippy

Nice find! I'd be pretty hesitant myself to hunt in area with those kind of characters. I'm actually somewhat nervous about just being out hunting in a park on my own, which is why it's amazing I found someone else at my school who enjoys it. Having that partner to keep you company and share in the finds makes the day that much better.

Score! Congrats!

Thanks buddy.

You kidding? Dammit! $9 in clad and a gold dirt grill pulling @$150 melt?? Plus you saw some bums and had an adventure?? I'm urinating in public right now just thinking about it! "The Age of Foolishness" :laughing:

Everything you post is so entertaining. And that's a nice quote drop! Thanks Mud.

Sweet! But wear a mask for all the smoke from the fire out there.

Thanks. The smoke was really bad for a while, but the bulk has passed. The skies cleared, and now you can walk outside without feeling like you're sitting next to a campfire (the Camp Fire).

Nice job, Bagelbites!

That's awesome to have picked up a 2nd grill. That's something I think I'd be scrapping pretty quickly though. Unlikely to ever "wear it" or see if "it fits!"

LOL

Cheers!

Skippy

Thanks Skippy. I normally sell my found gold items on the apps Letgo and Offerup, and sometimes on nextdoor.com, but this one will go into the scrap pile for sure.

Congrats on the Sac Gold! Nice one!

Thanks! It felt good.

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't notice their grill missing...congrats on an awesome find

Yep. There is gold everywhere at random parks. These damn people are so irresponsible! But I certainly appreciate it.

Nice find! I'd be pretty hesitant myself to hunt in area with those kind of characters. I'm actually somewhat nervous about just being out hunting in a park on my own, which is why it's amazing I found someone else at my school who enjoys it. Having that partner to keep you company and share in the finds makes the day that much better.

I agree. I hunt sketchy parks all the time around here. For the most part, I've never been bothered, save for a couple crackhead encounters. Hunting with a partner is a great idea.

On a side note, did the owner of this grill have a huge gap in their teeth? Or a strange, small tooth in the center of their smile?

Cool post BB! Don't think I will ever find a gold grill here in upper rural Midwest. Fortunately, we have a lot less...uh...park people like that too.
My guess: Grillmouth was cocckin' off as usual. Somebody told him they were going to smack that stupid grin off his face, then proceeded to follow through...literally.

Back
Top Bottom