• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

10 reasons why I like the AT Pro

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
1.)I don’t need to baby this machine,I can be as brutal with it as I want and it never breaks.No screen to get dented,that’s a big issue for so many machines.A few at pro users have snapped the control box off the shaft,and that’s a easy $1 prevention with two conduit braces sold at your local hardware store,and minutes to put on.
2.)No endless menus to get wrong.Just turn it on,ground balance and go.
3.)Great audio,Definitely tell junk from treasure.Good targets stand out.
4.)One of the best customer service in the U.S.A,,And also made here is a big plus.
5.)Good depth and seperation.Ive never felt I was leaving anything behind,too busy finding what I can.
6.)Coil selection is probably the best out there vs any machine made,and not breaking the bank.Heck,any accessory imaginable for this machine is out there at affordable prices.
7.)Solid Visual ID,one of the best I have used..High or low conductors,it don’t matter,it locks on and gives a steady visual ID
8.)Price wise it’s affordable for anyone.And even used they not only hold they’re value but don’t take long to sell if need be.
9.)No charging.I honestly hate that and I know it’s a strong word but I hate machines and headphones that need charged.Just a big nuisance and waste of time to me..I like the fact I can at anytime pop some fresh batteries in it and go.
10.)Its Just a well thought out,well made machine that’s capable of finding everything from gold to silver,relics,whatever.Proven time and time again to be a solid machine.

To each they’re own,these are just my reasons why I prefer the at pro,,Its just better for me.

I agree 100% but prefer the AT gold. I ran the AT pro for several seasons to though. Proven performers, and so versatile...they are good for just about any type of hunting, except saltwater...

I agree with gray beard on coil change

you have to super careful with coil changes because of the crazy connector design. For the lack of a connector channel and ridge, you can easily bend the pins on the coil or headphone connectors. You have to get it in good light and do a careful visual line up before you push the connectors together.

On my new Nox 800, the connector has the channel and ridge on the connector and you can change coils and the connector with your eyes closed.

Other than that great AT Pro is detector. Used it for 3 years and loved it. Especially with my goto 5x8" coil. Loved that coil.

you have to super careful with coil changes because of the crazy connector design. For the lack of a connector channel and ridge, you can easily bend the pins on the coil or headphone connectors. You have to get it in good light and do a careful visual line up before you push the connectors.

Other than that great AT Pro is detector. Used it for 3 years and loved it. Especially with my goto 5x8" coil. Loved that coil.

I gotta agree,it is a pita getting them on sometimes,and big fingers don’t help..

Over 550 rings, and 152 pieces of gold (including tiny chains, broken rings, and open hoop earrings).. 702 reasons for me..

Still waiting to see anyone finding the same with a nox.. Just ain't seeing any reason to replace my ATP yet.

<°)))>{

I agree with this list but also agree with the coil changing comment, that connector is a pain!

I haven't had to tighten my coil connection in quite a while. When it was new I constantly had to tighten it. I have the stock coil, I have disconnected it twice in 2 years. First time I turned the detector upside down to get better light and stuck the coil in the ceiling fan, no damage . They are tough.

I haven't had to tighten my coil connection in quite a while. When it was new I constantly had to tighten it. I have the stock coil, I have disconnected it twice in 2 years. First time I turned the detector upside down to get better light and stuck the coil in the ceiling fan, no damage . They are tough.

that had to have caught your attention!

Lol,I did that same thing about 5 years ago ,,Cant remember which machine it was But I definitely remember it happening now that you said that.

Over 550 rings, and 152 pieces of gold (including tiny chains, broken rings, and open hoop earrings).. 702 reasons for me..

Still waiting to see anyone finding the same with a nox.. Just ain't seeing any reason to replace my ATP yet.

<°)))>{

Good point Ice! If it’s not broken...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with O.P. and I prefer using my Garrett over any other detector. Its so easy to use and the audio describes things in the ground! At pro is my fav!
Great coin shooter for sure.

Best coin hunter I have ever used!

Attachments

• nov.18.jpg
    nov.18.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 678
Hey John... is that a bevy of Canadian Bathing Beauties watching you pull that Flour Gold out of the riverbank?!?!

Of all the digital machines I've used over the years, I would say the ATPro had the best audio. Still not Tesoro quality, but pretty dang close.

Back
Top Bottom