• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Simplex arrived!

Congrats on the new detector !!!! :thumbsup:

I hope the Simplex is "simple" to learn :lol:

…..and hope your first finds with it are pretty good too !

Congrats on the new detector !!!! :thumbsup:

I hope the Simplex is "simple" to learn :lol:

…..and hope your first finds with it are pretty good too !

Took it out for about 30 minutes to run thru the settings.

Pretty much dug repeatable signals.

Lots of iron and canslaw, but the pinpointing seems to be very accurate.

It is loud! Need to get some adjustable volume earphones ASAP!

It was very easy to assemble and seems to be solidly built.

Someone mentioned in another post that they didn't like the angle of the grip.

I agree, seems slightly off.

Menus are easy to navigate and understand.

The buttons take a little more pressure than I'm used too, but I'll get used to it.

Can't wait to test it in a park!

Took it out for about 30 minutes to run thru the settings.

Pretty much dug repeatable signals.

Lots of iron and canslaw, but the pinpointing seems to be very accurate.

It is loud! Need to get some adjustable volume earphones ASAP!

It was very easy to assemble and seems to be solidly built.

Someone mentioned in another post that they didn't like the angle of the grip.

I agree, seems slightly off.

Menus are easy to navigate and understand.

The buttons take a little more pressure than I'm used too, but I'll get used to it.

Can't wait to test it in a park!

Glad that you like it, sounds like it can perform pretty well !

Hey, better for it to be too loud than too low, likely easier to adjust it down rather than up with headphones.

Also great that the pinpointing is accurate !

Simplex arrived today.

Assembled it, will try it out this evening.

Got a great deal from Jeff at Qualitymetaldetectors.

Funny, I got mine today as well. It came from Jeff too. Took USPS forever to get it here.

Took it out in the back yard for a bit tonight just to try it out. Still need to learn all the settings, but I went over some area I already hunted with the Tracker IV and the Simplex found target after target it had missed. I can’t wait to take it out too.

The simplex+ is easy to learn. Real solid in construction. Yes keys are harder to press than AT Pro and Equinox. I cannot think of a reason to make buttons so hard to press.

The only issue I had with mine was I bought it as a backup to my 800. I didn't think that purchase through all the way. Different tone system and TID range was my only complaint. So I sold it (got almost all my money back) and bought a Vanquish 540 which has same tone system and TID range.

The Simplex+ is a good solid detector in my opinion with lots of useful features. Love that some companies are turning up the heat on the competition. And Garrett seems to have answered with the Apex. Fun times with the new models that all can easily afford. (sorry to hijack the tread, but I get carried away from time to time.)

The simplex+ is easy to learn. Real solid in construction. Yes keys are harder to press than AT Pro and Equinox. I cannot think of a reason to make buttons so hard to press.

The only issue I had with mine was I bought it as a backup to my 800. I didn't think that purchase through all the way. Different tone system and TID range was my only complaint. So I sold it (got almost all my money back) and bought a Vanquish 540 which has same tone system and TID range.

The Simplex+ is a good solid detector in my opinion with lots of useful features. Love that some companies are turning up the heat on the competition. And Garrett seems to have answered with the Apex. Fun times with the new models that all can easily afford. (sorry to hijack the tread, but I get carried away from time to time.)

Back
Top Bottom