Hi

KIMBERDOG

Hello everyone, I was on here before under kimber1985 and lost my password and had to change my email. So I made a new account. Anyways I'm glad to be back. So I found this what appears to be a button. I've never seen one like it. I can make out a circle on the flat side and what appears to be a small o. It was found on a 1890s site that also has Lewis and Clark history to it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
5f600c09d16016fae073afb73c3ae26c.jpg
0578e8745e04852fb1d02b89ce9b062b.jpg
6998e28487c6cf2c47b6e72943f47799.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Nice! I would love to be on Lewis and Clark ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I would love to be on Lewis and Clark ground!

Its exciting to detect that's for sure, now if only I could find something from that era lol

Keep at it! Low and slow and dig it all!

The "back" looks odd for a button, and it seems pretty heavy for a button too. My first thought is the base of a toy soldier, or chess piece or something. Looks like solid brass/bronze type metal. Wouldn't be lead, would it?

The "back" looks odd for a button, and it seems pretty heavy for a button too. My first thought is the base of a toy soldier, or chess piece or something. Looks like solid brass/bronze type metal. Wouldn't be lead, would it?
It is heavy like lead but it's not soft like it or colored like lead that I've pulled out. I agree that it might not be a button. Its definitely not lead though. I just dont know why it would have the fancy on the flat side. But you may very well be right, I never thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom