How old, and "What is this?"

FliesOnly

This forum is awesome for assisting those of us who us can't seem to figure out what we have and/or how old something might be. Along those lines, I have one of each of those. :)

First, I have this round disk. It's about the size of a dime and maybe 2-3 times as thick. I have probably found over a dozen of these at an old railroad station site. On some of them I cannot see any discernible markings, but this one shows some letters and numbers on one side. Any idea what these are?

The second item is a tootsie toy truck. I'm curious if anyone has a guess as to it's age. I have looked online, and while I can find some tootsie toys for sale...including this very truck...none of the sites I have visited tell me the age. I know it has no value...I'm simply curious as to when it was possibly made. I'm guessing 50s or 60s...but that's totally a PIDOOMA. What is this 01.jpg

Tootsie Toy 01.jpg

Tootsie Toy 02.jpg

Tootsie Toy 03.jpg

I read somewhere that the Tootsies with no "fender" cutouts for the wheels (like yours) aresome of the earliest ones. Maybe more like 1940s or earlier ?

That bag seal is from the Delaware,Lackawanna, and Western Railroad.
The RR, originally was chartered from the eastern part of NJ, (across from NYC) to the Lackawanna Valley (Scranton,PA, which was considered a fairly large city and transportation hub in the mid 1800's)
The charter was extended to Buffalo, NY, and in the mid 1850's, south to Bloomsburg,Danville , and Northumberland,PA.
I have a very similar seal which I found fall 2109 in a corn field 200 yds from the Bloomsburg extention. It has DL&W 128 3/4 on it.
It's pretty cool to find that one traveled to Michigan.
The DL&W lead seals were used from 1880-ish until about 1910.

I have a very similar seal which I found fall 2109 in a corn field 200 yds from the Bloomsburg extention. It has DL&W 128 3/4 on it.

Is there anything you can tell us about the future? Who is president in 2109? What were the winning power ball numbers in 2021? Does the CTX ever get an update?? :?:

Back
Top Bottom