Love digging a turquoise ring!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Weatherman said it would be raining all day. Not true! I had a couple good hours of detecting today before it started, and about another hour before the lightning sent me packing. Found some decent clad, a few wheat pennies, a three heart bracelet, and a gorgeous little turquoise ring! In the silver ring category, turquoise is a favorite for me. This one has a really nice stone.

Attachments

• DSCN2663.jpg
    DSCN2663.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 592
  • DSCN2664.jpg
    DSCN2664.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 591
  • DSCN2665.jpg
    DSCN2665.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 544
That's a looker! I love getting my coil over some silver and turquoise. Really like the look of that stone!

Very nice looking ring, congratulations.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Way to go, Blaise! Your turquoise ring is a nice find, and wheat cents are fun to uncover. Good hunt! :thumbsup:

Pretty ring, congrats. I have never dug anything turquoise . On my list though. Glad to see you were able to get out. Good luck, Mark

Man that’s a beauty of a ring for sure, congrats!
Thanks G-Sweeps. The clad count was a little over $10 too. That's my threshold for calling it a really good clad day.

That's a looker! I love getting my coil over some silver and turquoise. Really like the look of that stone!
Isn't that stone just awesome? Thanks Stiff. You've been known to dig some nice turquoise over there. Hope you get some doozies this year.

Very nice looking ring, congratulations.
Thank you ecmo. This was ring number 7 this year, and my favorite so far.

A lot of character in that turquoise, Foragist. Nice save!
You got that right! Pale blue, sky blue, monster reddish veining...a fine specimen. Thanks Jim.

Way to go, Blaise! Your turquoise ring is a nice find, and wheat cents are fun to uncover. Good hunt! :thumbsup:
Thank you Princess Chelsea. There were 3 wheat pennies from the front section of a school yard. I'll be trying to locate silver there in the future. I love finding a ring; even junkers...but especially special ones like this!

She's a beauty!
Ain't she though? Thanks S4TR!

Pretty ring, congrats. I have never dug anything turquoise . On my list though. Glad to see you were able to get out. Good luck, Mark
Turquoise ring has been high on my list for a long time. I have dug a couple cheapies in the past, so I was really glad to see this stone shining! Thanks Mark, and hope you dig a dandy soon.

Thanks a beauty, congrats!
I know you know a beauty when you see it. It looks a little better after a cloth polish, but still needs a deep clean to really present nicely. Thank you Gale. FYI: The only marking is 925

Congratulations on the very nice turquoise ring. Looks like it was hand smithed.
I've made turquoise jewelry for many years and have a collection of turquoise cabs and some raw, untreated, turquoise. Among my favorite of all the stones because of the robin’s egg blue color. Great find and worth taking a polish cloth to. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom