• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found an 1818 Matron Head Large Cent Today!

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
Nothing better than hunting after the rain melts the snow cover! Ground is totally saturated right now. Went back to the spot where I found my 1876 seated dime a few days ago. Froze my butt off on a windy 42 degree day, but I was rewarded with a large cent!

Rang up as a very strong 90 signal. Thought maybe a honking silver ring, but spotted a LC instead about 7 inches down. Pretty toasted, but I think it's an 1818 matron head. Nice to get rewarded once in awhile for kneeling on wet and cold ground!

Not the best pics, but better than nothing. I really need a new camera!

Attachments

• IMG_7455 (1).JPG
    IMG_7455 (1).JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_7459 (1).JPG
    IMG_7459 (1).JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_7466 (1).JPG
    IMG_7466 (1).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_7472 (1).JPG
    IMG_7472 (1).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 461
Congrats on the Large Cent ! It looks like you have a great spot there !

I've found some amazing coins at this spot, but it's full of trash. Very hard to pick out the good stuff. I'm sure there are more 1800's coins hiding in there somewhere. Just wish I could find more than one old coin per trip! Maybe next time...

Congrats on the old LC Tim !

Ever notice that the people that make good finds on a steady basis also put in a lot of effort.
This is a hobby is a lot of fun but if you want to be successful you also have to be willing work hard at it - even when the weather's not perfect.

Good Hunting !

Ever notice that the people that make good finds on a steady basis also put in a lot of effort.
This is a hobby is a lot of fun but if you want to be successful you also have to be willing work hard at it - even when the weather's not perfect.

Yup, gotta go when the ground is saturated. Makes a big difference. I do get strange looks, though. I guess people think I'm nuts detecting in the cold and wet weather!

Back
Top Bottom