• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Broke the ice with Silver #1 today

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Due to the weather, I have not been hunting for about 10 days. So today with a break in the weather, I went to a school that I had not been to before that's in a historic town.

I was able to find my first silver coin a 1936 merc for the year. Also, found a small sterling ring. And a good amount of nickels (28) to add to the clad pickings. Plus five wheaties that are in near dog condition.

I hope to hit this location again in the future. Thanks for checking out my finds!

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1939.jpg
    IMG_1939.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 298
Yeah that works! Ground is frozen concrete here, along with 6” of heavy snow. Find a few more for us poor northerners!:lol:

Way to go John, congrats on the first silver and sterling fty. First of many I'm sure. That site looks promising. Nice nickel haul too, what no war nickels ? lol It does appear since the Equinox made its debut a lot of record nickel days have been reported. Good luck Mark

Thank you!

Yeah that works! Ground is frozen concrete here, along with 6” of heavy snow. Find a few more for us poor northerners!:lol:

Thanks IDXMonster! I hear you...lol. I know I got to take advantage of any semi-nice days. I was just lucky on stumbling onto that silver just as I was about to head home.

Nice finds! That’s a lot of nickels!! Gotta be good there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks coin whisperer! As you know, that Nox is a magnet on those nickels. I found nine more today at another site.

Silver AND sterling with turquoise! Congrats! That’s a nice duo there!

Thanks GroundSweeper! It feels good to find that first silver of the year. Now if I can only find a few more, that would be even better.

Nice finds Jak !

Interestingly enough I found my first for the year Yesterday and it too was a 1936 Mercury !

Thanks SoOregonMd! The stars must of been lined up for both of us finding that same type coin. And congrats to you on your find too!

Way to go John, congrats on the first silver and sterling fty. First of many I'm sure. That site looks promising. Nice nickel haul too, what no war nickels ? lol It does appear since the Equinox made its debut a lot of record nickel days have been reported. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark! I am a little behind of the silvers for this year. I think last year at this time I was six. Hopefully, things will start picking up again but I am always happy with my clad count too. I found nine more nicks today. The Nox is a vacuum cleaner on those coins. For me, I find P1 or 2 rather than straight frequency does the best for them.

Excellent start to the new year.....

Thanks diggin4clad! As you know, many of those clad buffet fields are drying up. I just hope I can maintain my steady diet of those cladful days.

Thank you!

Way to take advantage to the break in the weather and finds some goodies. Congrats!

Thanks Jamflicker! It has been a very slow January for me this year as to hunt. I was glad I was able to at least find that one thin silver, I can now breath easier.

Great work! January silver rarely comes easy.

Thanks Washingtonian! For me if it is not the weather, it seems those priority projects always seem to never end.

Nice finds Jak!

Thanks WyoTom! It was nice for me to mix things up a bit with at least that one silver from the usual clad.

Thank you!

Very nice haul, i like the ring too. Congrats!

Thanks cellrdwellr! I was real pleased with all the finds too. And more, I take what ever I can get.

Some very nice digging John. Congrats on the Merc, the old Sterling and a great clad count. Trapper[/QUOTE

Thanks Trapper! I enjoy finding those out of the way public places but I just wish there were more of them. This year so far has been kind of slow with the silver finds for sure.

That is a lot of targets recovered for one hunt .
I would think that took a wile .
Congratulations on the sweet silvers .
HH.

,Dew

Thank you!

Congrats on the first Silver of the year!

Thanks LovestheShiny! Sometimes all it takes is just that one piece of silver to make the hunt worthwhile.

That is a lot of targets recovered for one hunt .
I would think that took a wile .
Congratulations on the sweet silvers .
HH.

,Dew

Thanks Dew! It was an older location with a newer school there now. It started out real slow but then I moved toward the outskirts of the fields and things started to pickup. I think I was there about four hours.

Congrats on the silver JAK!!! Still no silver fty for me yet.

Thanks Lil Worm6! I was to glad to find that one thin little dime, as I was starting to doubt myself if and when it happen. Hopefully my coil will find its way to another one.

Back
Top Bottom