Big Silver, Big Sterling & Another "V"

jack&jill

Elite Member
Hope to continue getting out as this season has started pretty darn nice for me, even with the 2 month Winter freeze out. Since the thaw I have gotten out 7 times the last 4 to only 1 location. If it continues providing I will continue to go back at least a few more times. The last three hunts are on this report and I'm very happy that all gave up some shine. The first hunt I scored 3 Silver's, 2 Rosie's and a Washington plus added my 3rd "V" Nickel of the year. On the second outing put 2 Silver Dimes in my coffers, a Barber and a Merc and also added a honker Sterling Ring. The design on the face reminds me of Aztec script. It is really a pretty nice looking ring. Yesterday was my third outing and on my very first dig I put a Merc into my pocket. Hunted for almost three hours only adding a couple of Wheat's and a little clad to the tally. It stared raining pretty good so I was going to call it quits. While walking back to the truck and swinging my coil very close to the edge fence I got a very high squeal, I'm happy to say I dug my first big Silver of the year. The Half Dollar is a Franklin, put the plug back in and took 1 step and about 8 inches in front of it I dug a Silver Washington. Both coins were no more than 6 inches down. These 8 Coins now have the count to 24 for the year. The last hunt was my first after Wisconsin was put in the Virus shutdown. Got a feeling there will be a lot more over the next month. Trapper

Attachments

• 3-23-20 .jpg
    3-23-20 .jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 554
  • 3-24-20 .jpg
    3-24-20 .jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 599
  • 3-24-20 1 .jpg
    3-24-20 1 .jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 633
  • 3-24-20 2 .jpg
    3-24-20 2 .jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 509
  • 3-26-20 .jpg
    3-26-20 .jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 517
Dang, everybody is killing it! I wish I had some public ground to hunt since I don't consider door knocking right now :no::no::no:

Very nice finds Trapper, love that Big Ben and all your silvers, along with the hefty Sterling Ring!

Dang, everybody is killing it! I wish I had some public ground to hunt since I don't consider door knocking right now :no::no::no:

jwp... just back from Missoula, I still door knock, but step back at least 6 feet from the front door, and let the folks who answer know that I will not get any closer, and then give them my spiel. So far no issues here, our state just went on lockdown, but of course detecting is my form of exercise to stay healthy.

Appreciate your reply Jerry, thank you. Door knocking around here is not happening at this time. Have a 40 minute drive there and back to get on this site. So far I must say it has been well worth the travel.
Looking good Jack! Congrats on the nice pile of silver!
Thanks much Jeff. Hope this site continues to produce. Still can't figure why it has not given up any Indian"s as it is old enough. Can you do me a favor and call me Trapper. Jack is not my name it is only the handle my wife put on us when we first got into this hobby. The Jill partnership of detecting only lasted 3 outings although she still gives me great support in pursuing this hobby.

Great finds!
Thank you Vic. I have been very pleased with my digger this year. Although a bit frustrated not getting the coil over any Indians as of yet. Trapper

Wow Trapper that’s a load of silver! The ring looks like a Mayan calendar? Dunno.

Seeing a Franklin in the dirt gotta be a kicker! I guess any silver pretty much does that :lol:

Nice work man!

Definitely some great silver saves and that ring is bad azz! Congratulations Sir.

Nice ones Trap, that place has ongoing promise! Be careful on your trips, this thing gloms onto anyone and everyone. The anxiety level is pretty high everywhere and people do stupid stuff in these times. Lock yo truck!
Ah yes, the ol’ Franklin....I still have exactly ONE. I’ll trade you THREE clad quarters for yours! That’s a deal for you, right?:yes:

You’re making up for the long winter with some outstanding finds. That ring is huge and finding a franklin and barber is always nice. Congrats on the finds!

Awesome update! What is up with that ring design? Some secret code calendar, map, or something? Quite the looker! The Ben and the following quarter finds sound like proof that you are still operating under a high degree of pure luck. Of course you have skills too, but you're also one lucky son-of-a-gun!

Trapper attaboy on the big, medium and little silvers. You're off and rolling. Congrats on the cool ring and V nickel. Good luck, Mark

Very nice finds Trapper, love that Big Ben and all your silvers, along with the hefty Sterling Ring!

... just back from Missoula, I still door knock, but step back at least 6 feet from the front door, and let the folks who answer know that I will not get any closer, and then give them my spiel. So far no issues here, our state just went on lockdown, but of course detecting is my form of exercise to stay healthy.
Thank you David. Things have been going pretty good going back again after I post this reply.
Wow Trapper that’s a load of silver! The ring looks like a Mayan calendar? Dunno.
Seeing a Franklin in the dirt gotta be a kicker! I guess any silver pretty much does that :lol:
Nice work man!
Appreciate your reply Jeff, thank you. You may be right on the design of the ring and a Mayan Calendar. I will have to look it up. Digging a big Silver really gets the blood pumping, last one I dug was last year on a hunt with Monster.
Trapper, incredible...from the big BF, GW, dimes of three varieties to the huge sterling ring. Those are all top shelf finds...congrats!
Thanks John. Digging Silver does put a smile on my face but the ring this time brought out a toothy grin. Also something about the old Nickels that brings out a lot of excitement. I can only imagine if I'd get the coil over some Indian's. Trapper

Great finds Trapper, swell to hear you're still batting 1000 on shiney hunts this year; that place really seems to have been a great one. I'll bet that that Benji and quarter on the walk out got the blood pumping! :D

Back
Top Bottom