Big Silver, Big Sterling & Another "V"

Trapper that "honker" ring looks like an embossing ring (wax imprint?). Super cool regardless, you are getting "fat" on the silver again....Nice Job!

That’s a premium site Trapper! Congrats on the silver, especially the Benji. I’ve never found one. That ring is killer too and it seems to fit you well, a plus!

Jim

Definitely some great silver saves and that ring is bad azz! Congratulations Sir.
Thank you again CraigIt has been a very good start to the year even if it started late, Your right the Ring is bad AZZ!
That ring! Wowzers!
Oh, Big Ben, find your way under my coil!!!
Your reply is greatly appreciated Soldier. Hope you do get your coil over a big Ben or for that matter any big Silver as they all are great thrills.
Trapper,it looks like it fits.lol.Sport that baby. Congrats on the great hunt,lots of awesome saves.
Thanks Pete, but the Ring really does not fit. It is to big for the finger its on which is the left hand and it is to small for the ring finger on the right. My guess is its a size 12.5 as I wear a 12 on the left and a 13 on the right. Trapper

Congratulations trapper . It won't be long until you blow by my 38. Still to much snow here. The few places that are open are picked clean. So this year might be awfully slow for me on the silver coins. Looks like I might have to start going after the copper again.

Lol......WOW :shock: Trapper you are killing it yet again my friend!!!! Congrats on all the silver.....Big Ben especially, and the V that is still on the bucket list!!!

Nice ones Trap, that place has ongoing promise! Be careful on your trips, this thing gloms onto anyone and everyone. The anxiety level is pretty high everywhere and people do stupid stuff in these times. Lock yo truck!
Ah yes, the ol’ Franklin....I still have exactly ONE. I’ll trade you THREE clad quarters for yours! That’s a deal for you, right?:yes:
Appreciate you comments Kevin. Wish circumstances changed so I could share this with you. Will be going back again tomorrow to hit another section of that site. Was not long ago you got to watch as I was crying like a little girl with excitement after digging my first ever "V". I know have dug my forth of 2020 which equals my career diggings. Oh not going to make the trade, as I have every Silver coin I ever dug. I will trade a bi-centinial Kennedy Half though for those 3 clad quarters.:lol:
You’re making up for the long winter with some outstanding finds. That ring is huge and finding a franklin and barber is always nice. Congrats on the finds!
Thank you Jason. Been a great year since digging has been allowed. With the shelter at home in session it will be some quiet digging for the next month or so but at least we allowed to dig.
Awesome update! What is up with that ring design? Some secret code calendar, map, or something? Quite the looker! The Ben and the following quarter finds sound like proof that you are still operating under a high degree of pure luck. Of course you have skills too, but you're also one lucky son-of-a-gun!
Thanks Blaise. The design on the ring is of a Mayan Calendar. It weighs in at a hefty half oz. Your right it is a very nice looker. Some times it is better to be lucky than good. No doubt the trip back to the truck while was a decided plan, it was a lucky strike in a hasty retreat to remain somewhat dry. Trapper

Ooooh 👀 ,
Look at the size of that big Benji .
Way to go Trap!
Taken us to school again .
Love it .
Dew
Just happy they are allowing us to still get out Brad. A lucky break on the big Ben a GW but I did stop to dig them. The Ring is a hunk for sure and I am having some fun adding some old Nickels along the way. Going out for another school lessen in a bit. Trapper
Great finds Trapper, that ring is beefy! Do you think it was an old drop or relatively newer? Was it deep? Hope it keeps up for you
Appreciate your reply Liam, thank you. The ring is a half oz. hunk and was down about five inches. The dirt in the center was extremely hard packed in and was tough getting out. Almost like it was tar coated dirt and left a black line all the way around the inside of it. Took a good twenty minutes to clean it up using Bar Keepers Helper to clean the inside.
Great start to the year Trapper. Congratulations.
This has been a very good year so far Jerry. Been only to two sites since the thaw and have been blessed with some great and surprising returns. Trapper

Trapper attaboy on the big, medium and little silvers. You're off and rolling. Congrats on the cool ring and V nickel. Good luck, Mark
March has been a very good month for me Mark and being a little lucky now and then can help. "V's" and Buffalo's are always welcome additions to my coffers, maybe because I have never had a lot of success with them earlier in this hobby. The Ring is a chunk.
Great finds Trapper, swell to hear you're still batting 1000 on shiney hunts this year; that place really seems to have been a great one. I'll bet that that Benji and quarter on the walk out got the blood pumping! :D
Still batting a 1000 Anthony but in fairness the last two outings I quit after digging a Silver. Kinda not wanting the streak end. Going out the next three days so we will see what April brings. Any Silver gets the blood pumping but big Silver adds a lot of adrenaline for sure.
Trapper that "honker" ring looks like an embossing ring (wax imprint?). Super cool regardless, you are getting "fat" on the silver again....Nice Job!
Thank you for your reply Paul. My wife said the exact thing about the Ring. I really don't think it was as the detail in it is so fine that it be very hard to use it that way. The research we did supports the thought that the design is of a Mayan Calendar. Trapper

Super jealous! I've had a Big Ben half on my bucket list since I started this hobby. Congrats on another killer outing Trapper!

That’s a premium site Trapper! Congrats on the silver, especially the Benji. I’ve never found one. That ring is killer too and it seems to fit you well, a plus!
Jim
Thank you Jim. This site has been good to me for sure. Added a couple more Silver's today in a five hour outing, but a lot of trash digging goes with it. I think I can still get a couple more hunts from here then I will need to locate another site to play in.
Congratulations trapper . It won't be long until you blow by my 38. Still to much snow here. The few places that are open are picked clean. So this year might be awfully slow for me on the silver coins. Looks like I might have to start going after the copper again.
Appreciated your reply Mike. Copper may be the thing to survive with so I think it will be something to look forward to. Still have hope that my plans will still be in play. So I hope the virus thing gets under control sooner than later.
Lol......WOW :shock: Trapper you are killing it yet again my friend!!!! Congrats on all the silver.....Big Ben especially, and the V that is still on the bucket list!!!
Thank you Travis. The Ben was a pretty lucky find under the circumstances but I'll take and count him just the same. The "V" was my white whale and only a year and a half ago (9 and a 1/2 years into the hobby) I dug my first one. Last year I put 3 more into my coffers and as of right now I have dug 4 already this year. Truly proud to have each one. Trapper

Super jealous! I've had a Big Ben half on my bucket list since I started this hobby. Congrats on another killer outing Trapper!
Appreciate your reply. Hope a big Ben makes its way into your coffers. I have been blessed over the years and have dug quite a few. They still put a huge smile on my face and that will never get old.
Liking the shiny dirt silvers, especially the Barber and Big Ben...congrats on all the digs and keep up the excellent hunting Trapper!
Thank you Bruce for your kind words. I hope to keep at it for a long time, that is as I'm allowed to dig. Locations though are becoming prett y tough to come by.
Wow nice haul! The Aztec ring is spectacular, never seen one like it.
Thank you for the very kind reply. The ring is actually that of a Mayan Civilization Calendar design, It is really a great looking ring. A nice chunk of Silver.
All fantastic finds, like usual, but that ring is just stellar!
Thank you Dave for the reply. I agree the ring is the star of this report. It was enjoying doing the research on it. Never seen one like this one before but I guess they are not rare or uncommon South of the U.S. border.

Great finds Trapper! I love that Barber dime and Merc! I've only found 2 Mercuries so far this year, 16 silvers total ytd. Here in Southern Oregon finding older coins is pretty hard. Someday I'd like to go a little east & look for some older ones....LOL Check out this Barber dime I found last fall! Well can't figure out how to include that dime, so will later!

Great finds Trapper! I love that Barber dime and Merc! I've only found 2 Mercuries so far this year, 16 silvers total ytd. Here in Southern Oregon finding older coins is pretty hard. Someday I'd like to go a little east & look for some older ones....LOL Check out this Barber dime I found last fall! Well can't figure out how to include that dime, so will later!
Thank you for the reply Goldy. You know someday I'd like to go east and dig some history also. As age seems to be creeping up on me maybe that will remain a dream.
Congrats on the really cool finds, Trapper! Nice Franklin half dollar! :mder:
Thank you Garrett. So far it is my one big Silver of the year. Hope to get the coil over a few more. Been pretty lucky so far this year. Trapper

Off to a great year again I see Trapper! Keep the finds and posts coming! Good luck and stay healthy!

Back
Top Bottom