Beach scoop advice

Yep I have one and WOW! Best anywhere period! Light as a feather too.

I’m simply amazed at how light the titanium scoop is. Usually my hunts are no longer than 2-hours. My last outing with the titanium scoop I was able to extend the hunt to 3 hours and right at the end of that time I scored a Tiffany PT950 Platinum wedding band. Retail on the Tiffany ring is 1700.00!:shock:

Had I been using my other Scoop I would have never swung my coil over that excellent, rare find. BTW it was my first time out with the titanium scoop.
I’m so glad I purchased it.

I’m simply amazed at how light the titanium scoop is. Usually my hunts are no longer than 2-hours. My last outing with the titanium scoop I was able to extend the hunt to 3 hours and right at the end of that time I scored a Tiffany PT950 Platinum wedding band. Retail on the Tiffany ring is 1700.00!:shock:

Had I been using my other Scoop I would have never swung my coil over that excellent, rare find. BTW it was my first time out with the titanium scoop.

Just got the Xtreme titanium scoop and CF handle....haven't had a chance to use it yet....but I already know I'm gonna like it....so light to handle....I also have a Stealth 920 that I'm gonna keep around....should be set for scoops for awhile....got a few older ones I need to get rid of....tools in the toolbox!

Find that at Bolsa ?

Just got the Xtreme titanium scoop and CF handle....haven't had a chance to use it yet....but I already know I'm gonna like it....so light to handle....I also have a Stealth 920 that I'm gonna keep around....should be set for scoops for awhile....got a few older ones I need to get rid of....tools in the toolbox!

Congrats on the new scoop md! I have the 720i that I will keep also. I’m kinda attached.:cool3:

I have a Nutall Diamond Head 304 stainless steel scoop with a fiberglass handle. This scoop is heavy duty and is designed for gravel. It is heavier than those scoops designed for sandy beaches but when in the gravel, it has no equal. I use the scoop in the creeks and rivers so I can detect in deeper water. It does well to cut thru the gravel. I shortened the handle a little and added a heavy duty D grip on the end. If you are mainly detecting sandy beaches, there are better choices. But if you need a scoop that will cut thru the gravel and hold up to the abuse the rocks will give, then the Nutall scoop is the better choice.

From 2009 to 2013, I had most of the hunts 4-9 hours.
! since 2013 having problems with intervertebral hernia, I limited hunting from 1.5 to 2-3 hours
Now I am restored and the usual hunt for me is 3-7 hours
at the same time I use the usual stainless stavr scoop design and weight of which has not changed since 2009.
although I had also used a titanium scoop for about half a year (I developed and made a limited batch of such scoops, only 4 units in 2010-2011, but abandoned it as a commercial project for a number of reasons - I voiced them earlier)
Ruslan.

I'm sure expense was part of that equation. For those that need the lightest scoop available from limited physical or other conditions the Xtreme scoop kicks a**

Last edited:
I'm sure expense was part of that equation. For those that need the lightest scoop available from limited physical or other conditions the Xtreme scoop kicks ass.
sounds strange to me ... :laughing:
for example, stainless steel scoop v.5 released in 2009 weighs less than 2 pounds (820 grams= 1.81 lb),
v.22 after upgrades in 2012, weighs 2.36 pounds (1070 grams)

Whatever scoop you use mount a couple of magnets in the bowl. It will grab small items like Bobby pins that can easily slip through the holes.

Nothing is more irritating than having to find the same item, over and over.

Whatever scoop you use mount a couple of magnets in the bowl. It will grab small items like Bobby pins that can easily slip through the holes.

I agree, the magnets work great. A few years ago I cleaned all the bobby pins out the swimming area of a local lake.:lol:

finally some good info!!!

Back
Top Bottom