• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tumbling zincs with coppers?

Mistersippi

So I got a bunch of coinage I’m about to start tumbling. I’ve always heard don’t mix the silver coins with the pennies but does it make a difference if I tumble the zinc pennies that I think may be saveable with the copper pennies?

It’s perfectly fine, I always run coppers and zincs together. The reason you don’t run clad/silvers with coppers is the copper stains the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig a lot of zinc pennies at the beaches. Any copper penny I find mostly comes from the dirt. I tumble them together. Some times I put the zincs back in for another run thru to try to salvage them. Some are so bad that I just toss them in the trash. But if you save up enough of those stinking pennies they do add up to dollars. I have run in excess of 17,000 thru the coin counter at mu local credit union.

don't waste your time cleaning pennys
the electric cost more to run than a full tumbler full
IF you must collect pennys i sure do not
save them at all.. you can mail them in to the mint
to get a check back for all the junk pennys
just look up damaged money on the internet
it will tell you where to send bills coins :D

don't waste your time cleaning pennys
the electric cost more to run than a full tumbler full
IF you must collect pennys i sure do not
save them at all.. you can mail them in to the mint
to get a check back for all the junk pennys
just look up damaged money on the internet
it will tell you where to send bills coins :D

Your point about not cleaning zinc cents, due to electric cost, seems to apply even more so regarding your advice to mail them in to the US Mint. I bet postage cost would be way more than electric cost for the same weight in Zincolns.

Back
Top Bottom