• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Missoula Montana Token, 3 1916 Mercs (from previous hunt) & more

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I had to run a few errands up in Missoula today, so brought along the AT Pro for a couple hour hunt this afternoon. First time detecting since returning from Indiana. Started out in a 1905 yard that had nothing but copper pennies, zincolns, and a few clad quarters. Yard had been detected before by relatives but I thought what the heck, give it a try.

I started in on a nearby curb strip, started finding some wheat cents, then a worn 1925-S Merc dime. The old woman (kind of aloof and superior to me) in the adjacent home had come home, I explained that I was on public property and would be respectful of the unkempt grass. I did secure permission for her front yard, explaining carefully what I did. She gave the ok and went inside. I did about 1/4 of the front yard and found the neat GLEASON CIGAR STORE token from MISSOULA, MONT. Marked Good for 5 Cents in Trade on back. Well... shortly thereafter she went ballistic telling me "no digging!" and finally yelling "Get out of my yard!" What a complete stuck up donkey. The neighbor man heard all the exchanges and almost came over to chew her out in my defense! I did get the OK across the street from a nice man, but sad to say nothing much in the small front yard and curb. I did get a small .925 marked Sterling ring from that yard, and 7 wheat cents from the curb strips.

Also... I did rinse and lightly toothbrush the silver dimes I found on the trip to Indiana, I knew one of them was a 1916-P in good shape, but it turned out that I also found a 1916-S in good shape, and a worn 1916-P. If any had had the "D" mintmark you would have heard about it in a special thread!:lol: Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• vc1.jpg
    vc1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 69
  • vc2.jpg
    vc2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 65
  • vc3.jpg
    vc3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back