It’s all about the colonial!!!

Domoryder77

Just wanted to share a pic of one of my favorite relics to find; colonial shoe buckle!!! Unfortunately I am noticing that I’m becoming greedy with the finds, with the exception of coins, If the finds aren’t early 1800s or earlier I’m not interested in them. I tend to find my self searching homesites, sites that pre date 1812!

Attachments

• 7A15FFB5-1EE1-4636-9D1A-FEFF5DB089DB.jpg
    7A15FFB5-1EE1-4636-9D1A-FEFF5DB089DB.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 202
Congratulations on it. I have the same feeling. I have a distant site that gets me regular 1600-1700 finds. So when I hit something civ I am like eh lol

Just wanted to share a pic of one of my favorite relics to find; colonial shoe buckle!!! Unfortunately I am noticing that I’m becoming greedy with the finds, with the exception of coins, If the finds aren’t early 1800s or earlier I’m not interested in them. I tend to find my self searching homesites, sites that pre date 1812!

Love it..I need to find one just like it !

I realize that where you are, everyone has a house or a barn that predates 1800. But here in CA, we can probably count the # of still-standing buildings on 2-hands, that pre-date 1800.

That's the quintessential Colonial relic find right there! Love it when they are whole like that. It probably still swivels too? Congrats.

Congratulations on it. I have the same feeling. I have a distant site that gets me regular 1600-1700 finds. So when I hit something civ I am like eh lol

Yea I hate that I’ve gotten to that point, just not a fan of that time period for some odd reason!

Very nice buckle for sure! I've been fortunate enough to find 2 solid silver colonial shoe buckles. I agree, it's tough to beat colonial. Just wish they had more precious metals back then :no:

My first genuine relic I found detecting was a shoe buckle chape. I was over the moon.

The older the better.

Back
Top Bottom