Another dance in the woods.

Merf

I walked back about a quarter mile and hunted on the side of a hill overlooking a small stream.
I found the 1918 dime four inches deep. I was pumped-it made my day.
Continued hunting and got an iffy signal next to a tree. I dug it and found the 1901 Half down five inches. I felt 10 years younger. What a rush. Did the dance. It was getting dark so I dug one more target. It was a 1918 weatie. There was no clad there and I only dug one tabtop. I dont know what used to be there, maybe a picnic area.
Cant wait to go back. Good hunting to all. :bouncy: :tumble: :spin:

Attachments

• half_dollar_and_coins_Dec_2006_B.jpg
    half_dollar_and_coins_Dec_2006_B.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 111
Congrats on the silver! Sure seems like you found a great site to hit over and over. Keep us posted!

There are a lot of surrounding woods here. I definitely would like to try some woods hunting, but not sure where the active areas were. Gotta get me some maps and do some research. Nice job and congrats on the nice finds.

Merf said:
I walked back about a quarter mile and hunted on the side of a hill overlooking a small stream.

Ok..so I have been reading a lot about hunting in the woods lately and am curious to know. Were you near town, or are we talking "out in the woods"?

AB, I have been hunting mostly in wooded areas near town along rivers or streams.

Back
Top Bottom