Found an Old Makeup Compact

JimInPhilly

Found this makeup compact today at my local park along with a couple Indian Head pennies.
The compact is still intact and there is something jiggling inside it, I didnt open it up yet, I dont want to break it...Im hoping there is something else other than dried up rouge..Maybe money???
It reads PRINCESS PAT
princess pat, LTD
CHICAGO

Thanks For Looking

Jim

Attachments

• 100_1012_edited.jpg
    100_1012_edited.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,862
That is a nice find Jim, Hope there is a gold coin inside. I would find it hard not to open it.
Let us know what you find inside.

Nice find there Jim! I'm thinking 20s or 30s? It was common back then for women to stash a half dollar or silver dollar in their compacts for emergencies. I'd go ahead and open it, it's worth the risk, just be verrrrry careful! HH!

Thanks..Im going to let the hinges soak awhile so it doesnt fall apart. Plus I like wondering whats inside. :?:

This thing is closed tight, I put some oil on it yesterday and it soaked right in.Maybe a couple raps with the back of a butter knife will liberate it.But dont want to bust it up.
Will let you know.

Attachments

• 100_1018_edited.jpg
    100_1018_edited.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,449
JimInPhilly said:
This thing is closed tight, I put some oil on it yesterday and it soaked right in.Maybe a couple raps with the back of a butter knife will liberate it.But dont want to bust it up.
Will let you know.
Boy you are really dragging this out........OPEN THE DARN THING..........the suspense is killing me! Ha Ha

OK OK . Finally got the compact open without damaging it. Unfortunately there was no coins in it. Whatever was in it disintegrated over the ages. There is a mirror in the top cover and a pot metal disc which lined the bottom. Thats all , no reports of valuable treasure :(...Maybe next time..But had alot of fun posting :yes:..Thanks for checking it out.

Jim

Attachments

• 100_1020_edited.jpg
    100_1020_edited.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,581
  • 100_1021_edited.jpg
    100_1021_edited.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 1,572
Okay that was like............... :(
From now on I am not reading any post that start out with...should I open it or not. Let me clue you in, open it as soon as you get it, don't post until you've opened it and know what the hell is in it, don't tease me with the suspense cus' I can't handle not knowing what it is. There I have shown my weakness for all the world to see, I gotta know what it is, where it came from and WHAT IS INSIDE OF IT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol:

OkieDigger said:
Could you imgine her as a kid at Christmas??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was never a kid......Okie...come to think of it I forgot to grow up, dang!

Jim, I have mellowed since then...now i just puff smoke....

Back
Top Bottom