2006 aint closing out too good

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Tried a playground/park yesterday - 88 cents total.

Tried a playground today - 84 cents :(

Actually neither of these tot lots have ever treated me very well, the one I tried today hasn't been hit since March so either no-one is losing anything or it is getting hit. I found the top part of a broken key so I "seeded" a different part of the tot lot with it, under a swing. I'll check back in April or so and see it is is still there :P Rang up as a cent.

Ha! At least you're getting out. I've found 3 silver coins for the entire year. I blame most of my failure at finding more to not being able to get out as much this year. I must have only detected about a week in total. Pretty sad compared to how much I was out last year. But that's life and here's hoping next year is much kinder to me, er, US.

Tot lots have their ups & downs. Around here there's a few that get a lot of activity by families on weekends. Monday morning is the best then. Others are 'holiday' places - only loaded with people on certain holidays. And many are every day places where some go and it takes a long uninterrupted time to collect many finds. Good luck next time out, Steve in so az

OkieDigger said:
Ha! At least you're getting out. I've found 3 silver coins for the entire year. I blame most of my failure at finding more to not being able to get out as much this year. I must have only detected about a week in total. Pretty sad compared to how much I was out last year. But that's life and here's hoping next year is much kinder to me.
I think I only found 4 silver coins and I was looking about a gadzillion times more than you were :shock:

OZ, who plans to try a place behind a school this weekend, assuming the ground isn't pure mud from the rains :?:

Hang in there. No silver coin for me yet only clad. Did find the one silver kids ring. Plan on going next week to area city has made into walking path by river. it has the netherland inn which was way station for river barges from 1700's. man found king george 1700's coin there last year digging in the mud on river bank. also CW battle fought near there as well. Has been hunted to death i'm sure but maybe I'll get lucky.
Paul

Back
Top Bottom