It felt sooo good.....

bearbqd

Elite Member
.....to get out and detect again that is. I'm on 15 day leave from Iraq and I got to go out and detect on my second day back while the wife was at work. It didn't start out well at first. I drove to the massively hunted field where I had found my civil war union officer belt plate, my 1819 large cent, and various other civil war items. I get there and lo and behold, they have finally put up NO TRESPASSING signs at the entrance. DOH! I was frustrated, but glad that I had already gotten a chance to get the items that I did out of there. I continued on down the road a couple of miles to more civil war area by a creek. I got out of the car, got all of my gear ready out of the trunk, and realized I had left my headphones at home. Double DOH!!

More frustrated, but undetered, I drove the 20 minutes back home, got my headphones and headed to a local park that I had hunted in the past. I had about 45 minutes until I needed to meet the wife for lunch. I managed about 15 coins in clad and then headed off for lunch.

Finally, after lunch, I headed back toward the area I had been earlier, but went to a housing development in progress where there was a civil war era stone wall still standing before I had been deployed. I had heard that lots of good relics had been found in this field as well, but I hadn't found anything the first time I had been here. They had torn down the stone wall and I hunted that area for awhile but came up empty. I knew the field had good potential and I persevered in swinging the coil. Finally, after about an hour and a half I got a good signal and pulled out a typical J hook off of a civil war soldiers knapsack. Finally, some confirmation that there was troop activity in this area. It wasn't much, but I was happy to get out again. Sorry, no photos at the moment. I left the next day with my wife to fly here to Florida to be with her family for Christmas.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and hopefully I can show you some more finds soon.

Good to hear you're on leave Bear... Maybe you should have worn your uniform and if anyone stopped you told them you were trying out a new detector for mines :D

Welcome back Bear :lol: So glad that you made it back for Christmas, enjoy every moment of it, you have earned it :yes: From my family to yours, we are a grateful nation!

Good to hear you are home for the holidays Bear and good luck on your hunts.

Dont know about the detecting but have to say Thank You for my freedoms. Without women and gentlemen like yourself we would all be speaking German right now. Thanks for what you do!

good job taking the time to get out and spend some time swinging, you keep your head down and always be alert over there. I think I can speak for everyone we are greatful for what you and everyone else over there are doing to keep peace and to keep us swinging whenever we feel the time is right, take care and have the best christmas possible

sooooo...in florida will you be bringing your MD??? :lol: how close are you to the beaches? :?: sorry, dont mean to cause trouble with the in-laws!

I'm glad you made it home safely, Bear. I'm really happy you got out to hunt. Wish I would have been there with ya, but you know circumstances. We will hook up next time.

Enjoy your leave, Merry Christmas, and get back in one piece.

DM

Back
Top Bottom