• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Two Weeks From the Street Projects

milco

Elite Member
I have spent quite a bit of time in the past two weeks scouring over blocks and blocks worth of old road base which can be some real tough digging. I didn’t come away with any old silver but did find some other interesting items that were dropped many years ago when horse and buggy last rode over these streets. Now it’s all covered with new road base gravel and soon concrete, buried again for generations.

This is one of those two spots before it was covered and below are the coins and tokens. The highlights were an 1865 2 cent piece and an 1863 Our Army CWT.

011.jpg
012.jpg
033.jpg
044.jpg
005.jpg

Last edited:
These street projects are always awesome on here, you did great! We never seem to repair roads here, maybe I could hop pot hole to pot hole 🤔

That's a pretty fur stretch of road you covered there and that's just one section, lots of swing time. In the second to last photo I wonder if the U shaped piece is a step or hand grab for a carriage. Congratulations on a nice batch of finds.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty fur stretch of road you covered there and that's just one section, lots of swing time. In the second to last photo I wonder if the U shaped piece is a step or hand grab for a carriage. Congratulations on a nice batch of finds.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Yes, quite a few hours there. Thank you! That U shape item is a bent brass drawer pull.

Wow! What an amazing bunch of finds. Incredible variety of miscellaneous items. What's the coin on the end there with the Indians.

I have spent quite a bit of time in the past two weeks scouring over blocks and blocks worth of old road base which can be some real tough digging. I didn’t come away with any old silver but did find some other interesting items that were dropped many years ago when horse and buggy last rode over these streets. Now it’s all covered with new road base gravel and soon concrete, buried again for generations.

This is one of those two spots before it was covered and below are the coins and tokens. The highlights were an 1865 2 cent piece and an 1863 Our Army CWT.

View attachment 472198
View attachment 472199
View attachment 472200
View attachment 472201
View attachment 472202
Nice hunt. Had the chance to detect a 5 mile long sidewalk tear out both sides of the road a few years ago across the river from me in Bridgeport Ohio but I never went kicking myself now.

Wow! What an amazing bunch of finds. Incredible variety of miscellaneous items. What's the coin on the end there with the Indians.

Thanks! The top three are IH's, next row is a Wheat Cent, 2 IH's and CWT, last row are two tokens and an 1865 2 cent piece, left to right.

Back
Top Bottom