• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Well, it's been a while

Troller

Finally after two years of surgeries, cancer (of the appendix of all things...never heard of it before... all good now) and chemo, I recovered in time to be stuck in the house because of Covid. I'm a senior with more risk factors than there are pull tabs. Ok, that might be an exaggeration. Lol. But I have been hiding out and staying home.
Well I finally went to one of my regular parks and just worked the 3 or 4 feet on either side of the macadam jogging/bike/walking path. I was talking to a mother and her son (about 11 yr old) when i got a real solid hit. A solid 12 on the Nox and it didn't move, solid repeatable tone. I figured I had a nickel, but was hoping for gold. The only gold ring I ever found came in as a nickel, which I told them. They watched me dig it out...only 2-3" deep. Well I thought it was a part from a lawn mower or some mechanical part. Because it was black I wasn't expecting a ring but as the mud came off, the design showed up. Looks like a carbide wedding ring. It's marked "Triton Steel". You should have seen their faces when I showed them. They left after asking about detectors, price, where to get one. So maybe I will have some 11 year old competition.
I looked up Triton Steel and while I couldn't find the exact match, I was surprised at what they sell for. Now I don't think it has any scrap value or resale value but Dang, it's a nice ring and it fits. A great find for my 1st time out in a long time.
At the end of the day I had another ring (looks like a kid's aluminum ring, $4.05 clad including a real nice Sacajawea $1 coin. It was under the grass but not the dirt and still has nice luster. When I dig them they are always brown and kinda ugly. A dog rabies tag for the collection and some goofy Ninja figure. For a park hunter, it was a good day!!!
Sorry if I'm a little wordy, but darn, it was nice to get out and have a pretty good day.

Attachments

• P9180596.JPG
    P9180596.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 270
  • P9180599.JPG
    P9180599.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 247
  • P9180601.JPG
    P9180601.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 228
  • P9180608.JPG
    P9180608.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 233
A good way to spend your senior years ! And since you're in PA east coast, then an LC is in your immediate future ! :cool:

Glad to hear you are out of the woods with your surgeries and cancer. May you enjoy many more hunts...congrats!

Thanks

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I have to say, it really feels good to feel good again. And Tom, I'm still looking forward to that LC.

Back
Top Bottom