Fifth hunt

Don Otreply

Went to a small local beach this morning in the New London / Groton CT area Nine clad quarters, a dime, a Nickel, and five Lincoln’s, plus all the usual aluminum stuff pretending to be of value 😁,(dream squashers) this was my first beach hunt, Fifth time out since getting my detector. Headed back in a couple days to hit the beach again, and the picnic areas, fun hunt, several folk asked me what I had found, I was well received by the non detecting folk, good fun, just need to find some jewelry…, 😁👍

The only thing better than a day at the beach is finding money while you’re there. Well, a big fat gold ring would be better but you know what I mean LOL.

Good for you!

Yes, the beach is fun.

Much easier to sift than dig.

I found my Simplex much quieter with the smaller SP24 coil and more fun to use.

Congrats, hey, nine clad quarters + in one hunt is not bad at all !

.....I know about how stuff pretends to be coins :lol: times when you're almost sure you're going to dig a coin, but at least you remove trash so you won't dig it again next time :lol:

.... just need to find some jewelry…, 😁👍

Don't worry. You're just starting. Before long, you'll be getting silver rings. Then after a few more hunts, you'll find some gold rings. And then after a few more months, a diamond ring. By the end of next year: Any diamond ring smaller than a 1 carat diamond, will bore you to tears ! :aok:

Tom is right......

but i am still looking for the first gold ring so i can join his club and start paying my dues!

yesterday i found 8 clad quarters (a one day record for me), one nickel, one dime, and two pennies.

and at least half a dozen of those flimsy tent "stakes".

but being at the beach is fun.

Don't worry. You're just starting. Before long, you'll be getting silver rings. Then after a few more hunts, you'll find some gold rings. And then after a few more months, a diamond ring. By the end of next year: Any diamond ring smaller than a 1 carat diamond, will bore you to tears ! :aok:

I’m hoping so 😁

Went to a small local beach this morning in the New London / Groton CT area
Back in the late 1980's and early 1990's I used to hunt beaches in the same area you mention. Ocean Beach, Waterford Beach, Groton Town Beach, Eastern Point Beach, Esker Point, and sometimes at Rhode Island's Misquamicut Beach. Always found a little clad but not much else. One time while I was hunting Ocean Beach in February there was a reporter from the New London Day interviewing people who were at the beach and her question was "Why are you at the beach in February? " Though it was obvious I answered her question plus a few more and then she told me that the people she interviewed would be mentioned in the next day's New London Day newspaper. I never got a chance to go back to New London to get a copy of the paper. :detector:
I'd love to hunt under the boardwalk at Ocean Beach.........

When it comes to metal detecting, the best hunts are the fun ones... and every hunt can be fun! Two dollars and forty-five cents is a nice clad take. :thumbsup:

Be patient it just takes swinging your coil over the right thing. This is my third year water hunting and i found my first gold. Yours is out there waiting to be found keep us posted.

New London. Arrived there in April to find the pond on base still frozen. There for submarine school and only back one time after that.

Gols is a cruel mistress. I have found some nice pieces n the past but have been on a real slump for almost two years.

but i am still looking for the first gold ring so i can join his club and start paying my dues!

yesterday i found 8 clad quarters (a one day record for me), one nickel, one dime, and two pennies.

and at least half a dozen of those flimsy tent "stakes".

but being at the beach is fun.

Tom has no club, but he's in one. P.S. ignore his 30% rule.:yes:
Only west of the Mississippi have to pay.

An update, my wife and I Sailed out to Block Island RI, a bit of a sailing vacation with another couple and their boat, of course I took the detector with me. Found $3.87 in clad, and a bling gold chain, and something to the tune of twenty bottle caps and pop top tabs, it was a fun hunt, a couple signals were multiple coin hits. 👍

HH

The jewelry will come. I was out yesterday, found a nice line of sinkers and cell phones(3) about a hundred yards long but not one piece of jewelry. As I headed out across the dry, first target, a class ring. I’m sure it was a fresh drop and am currently trying to find the owner. You just never know!

Back
Top Bottom