2nd detector

dbowling

Just started back detecting a couple weeks ago after a brief stint with a Garrett 20 yrs ago.. bought a Equinox 800 to start and just ordered a Nokta Simplex pkg from Seriousdetecting .com with wireless head phones and the extra coil, justified it by saying getting in case somone wants to go that doesn't have one:lol:

Just started back detecting a couple weeks ago after a brief stint with a Garrett 20 yrs ago.. bought a Equinox 800 to start and just ordered a Nokta Simplex pkg from Seriousdetecting .com with wireless head phones and the extra coil,

justified it by saying getting in case somone wants to go that doesn't have one:lol:

:laughing: but hey, better to be prepared just in case !

I still hold on to my starter detector for that same reason as well as for having a back-up detector just in case my main one ever needs repairs.

Just started back detecting a couple weeks ago after a brief stint with a Garrett 20 yrs ago.. bought a Equinox 800 to start and just ordered a Nokta Simplex pkg from Seriousdetecting .com with wireless head phones and the extra coil, justified it by saying getting in case somone wants to go that doesn't have one:lol:

Welcome back into the hobby and the forum . Happy and productive hunting to you ! I once had to send two detectors in for repair at once and was lucky to have a third . If you've got some extra funds I would recommend a third :D.

I think you will like that smaller coil on the Simplex+. When you have some hours on each please give a report.

Ive been out with the 800 twice and have found 43 coins so far, thought it was only like 27 but just counted them and it was more then I thought so not too bad for 2 times out. Oldest coin so far a 1958 nickel the rest fairly recent.

I have an X-terra 705. Enjoy it but don't get out much, 6-7 a least a little serious hunts all summer so far. A few more times in the yard trying stuff making a test garden.

But I have decided I have to get a simplex anyway. So my brother-in-law can use it when he's up here...

What will be your excuse when you add your 3rd or 4th. :laughing:

What will be your excuse when you add your 3rd or 4th. :laughing:

Already trying to think of one:lol:

You could start your own local metal detecting club for people that don't have their own detectors, you could rent your detectors out per hunt to help to eventually recoup what you paid for the extra detectors :laughing:

or

You could start your own metal detecting school and charge tuition to eventually recoup the cost of the extra detectors :laughing:

or

you could say you want to have an assortment of detectors now so later on if you open your own metal detecting museum you could charge admission :laughing:

(just joking :lol:)

If you are getting a second detector for someone to hunt with you, just remember that the same make or one on the same frequency will interfere with yours if you hunt to close.

If you are getting a second detector for someone to hunt with you, just remember that the same make or one on the same frequency will interfere with yours if you hunt to close.

My other is Nox 800 so shouldn't be a problem, did have my pinpointer causing noise on Simplex no matter what freq I put it in had to run in F1 or it was super noisy.. funny thing is its a Nokta pinpointer, would think you'd make it where it wouldn't interfere.

My other is Nox 800 so shouldn't be a problem, did have my pinpointer causing noise on Simplex no matter what freq I put it in had to run in F1 or it was super noisy.. funny thing is its a Nokta pinpointer, would think you'd make it where it wouldn't interfere.

I've found that pretty much any other detector interferes with it, no matter the brand. Long as it's within five feet or so, it makes the simplex go all kinds of buzzy.

I use the 800 and did the same thing with the Simplex. For my friends and sons who will go with me. But the simplex tones and VDI were different than the 800. So sold the Simplex and bought Vanquish 440. Tones and TID same as 800 so I can help them easier.

I found nothing wrong with the Simplex, just different.

Ive been out with the 800 twice and have found 43 coins so far, thought it was only like 27 but just counted them and it was more then I thought so not too bad for 2 times out. Oldest coin so far a 1958 nickel the rest fairly recent.

Not bad at all and fun. Not so much fun when you get skunked. It will happen sometime, just chalk it up to location.

I bought a simplex for the same reason. but found too difficult to instruct the other user on the simplex while we were hunting together. sold the simplex and got the Vanquish 440. Now I can listen to his tones and help him. Not so with the simplex. to complex too complex to wrap my head around such different detectors. Nothing wrong with the simplex.

Back
Top Bottom