Any fresh water fishermen out there

This ole hillbilly had to do a search to even find out what you were talking about. I spent about an hour searching and did not find any one shipping them.

This ole hillbilly had to do a search to even find out what you were talking about. I spent about an hour searching and did not find any one shipping them.

Well thanks for trying I appreciate it. I also tried I figured someone else would some good research experience good find some. Lol.

Never heard of mooneyes being sold for bait, but I bet they would be great bait for some bigger predators. We used to catch them on the Chippewa River. Most were around a couple-three pounds or so. Also called them skipjacks. Strong swimmers; I liked the way they would jump out of the water when you had one on the line. Thin bodies. Shimmery sides. The scales would rub off easy. Are these the mooneyes you were asking about?

Search Skipjack Bait. Some options online there, but not sure if these are the same as what you are thinking.

Never heard of mooneyes being sold for bait, but I bet they would be great bait for some bigger predators. We used to catch them on the Chippewa River. Most were around a couple-three pounds or so. Also called them skipjacks. Strong swimmers; I liked the way they would jump out of the water when you had one on the line. Thin bodies. Shimmery sides. The scales would rub off easy. Are these the mooneyes you were asking about?

Search Skipjack Bait. Some options online there, but not sure if these are the same as what you are thinking.

Mooneye and skipjacks are 2 different bait fish. Mooneye has big eyes and silver like scales great catfish bait if you can get them. I caught a few last year but can’t seem to find them this year. They say the best time to fish for them is late evening or early morning. Best time months wise is late aug early sept.

Mooneye and skipjacks are 2 different bait fish. Mooneye has big eyes and silver like scales great catfish bait if you can get them. I caught a few last year but can’t seem to find them this year. They say the best time to fish for them is late evening or early morning. Best time months wise is late aug early sept.

Huh! There I go learning something new again. Thank you. After a tiny bit of research, I now know they were mooneyes we caught on those summer evenings of my more youthful days on the Chippewa. We were right to call them mooneyes, but incorrect to use the term skipjack for them. Makes sense that I could never understand why one fish had 2 cool names! :lol:

Huh! There I go learning something new again. Thank you. After a tiny bit of research, I now know they were mooneyes we caught on those summer evenings of my more youthful days on the Chippewa. We were right to call them mooneyes, but incorrect to use the term skipjack for them. Makes sense that I could never understand why one fish had 2 cool names! :lol:

Lol. That’s funny. Was hoping to get some by the 14th got a big catfish tournament that night.

Back
Top Bottom