New Toy from Jeff @ Quality Metal Detectors

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
I like to snorkel, lakes and rivers around me mostly, and have taken my Garrett carrot along for the ride many occasions. Bit tedious to drag the pin pointer around. Decided to treat myself to a Nokta Makro PulseDive. Got it super fast from sponsor Jeff @ Quality Metal Detectors (where I got my first Compadre and Nox 800 from).

Pretty slick setup really - can use it on land with the tip made for that. It’s pulse, but I rather like that idea at the moment.

It’ll be a few weeks before I can get some use on this but looking forward to it.

The case/kit is just top notch!

Thanks Jeff, again, for the great service. Just a txt away!

HH folks.

Attachments

• 38B10190-5AE5-4363-B251-E4F1EE4D0368.jpg
    38B10190-5AE5-4363-B251-E4F1EE4D0368.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 458
I thought about getting one of those too for fresh water lakes. Let us know what you think of it. I would definitely buy one if it had some good, basic type of discrimination just between ferrous and non. The minelab profind has that but I’ve read it doesn’t work that great and it’s really not meant for diving.

I like to snorkel, lakes and rivers around me mostly, and have taken my Garrett carrot along for the ride many occasions. Bit tedious to drag the pin pointer around. Decided to treat myself to a Nokta Makro PulseDive. Got it super fast from sponsor Jeff @ Quality Metal Detectors (where I got my first Compadre and Nox 800 from).

Pretty slick setup really - can use it on land with the tip made for that. It’s pulse, but I rather like that idea at the moment.

It’ll be a few weeks before I can get some use on this but looking forward to it.

The case/kit is just top notch!

Thanks Jeff, again, for the great service. Just a txt away!

HH folks.

Show us the gold nuggets you find in the LOW water rivers near you👍:workforgold:

Interested in what you find with it and how it works and all.

I’ll for sure post something on how I like it or not :)

I thought about getting one of those too for fresh water lakes. Let us know what you think of it. I would definitely buy one if it had some good, basic type of discrimination just between ferrous and non. The minelab profind has that but I’ve read it doesn’t work that great and it’s really not meant for diving.

Yeah, I’m going to find nails and iron tidbits, bottle caps and lead. Figure I’ll use it in instances where my Nox isn’t feasible for whatever reason. This packs well, and I’ll really only use it snorkeling, so when it gets cold, I’ll turn it into a land pinpointer!

Show us the gold nuggets you find in the LOW water rivers near you👍:workforgold:

Now you’re talking! Or a gold ring :pirate: heck maybe a seated will show up :laughing:

Hey GS, I saw your waterproof compadre build post. Any reason you’re not using it? I’m actually thinking about waterproofing my compadre since my nox is out of warranty. I don’t water hunt much, but the compadre would work well for me especially if I shortened the shaft and made it like larger version of the pulsedive.

Hey GS, I saw your waterproof compadre build post. Any reason you’re not using it? I’m actually thinking about waterproofing my compadre since my nox is out of warranty. I don’t water hunt much, but the compadre would work well for me especially if I shortened the shaft and made it like larger version of the pulsedive.

Hey Toad. I still have my waterproofed Compadre and my compadres (I have one stock and the waterproofed one) have given me more golds than my Nox by a lot… but I’ve been using the Nox as much as I detect (which isn’t a lot these days). I’ve been trying (futilely) to get on some older silver coins… I won’t give her up ever!l though and I seriously think a compadre is a better companion in a tot-lot or soccer sideline gold hunt… your question is inspiring me to bring the waterproof one next time I head to a lake :thumbsup:

Never occurred to me to short shaft the compadre for snorkeling……… !!!! Son of a biscuit !!!! :laughing: I may just have to do that just for fun now….

I just picked one of those up...The yellow one ..got it for 120.00 looks brand new!

Sweet deal Mascard.

Any info on test depths w/coil appreciated!

There’s some YouTube’s on it. I’m going to take it to a lake tomorrow and try it out. Have had my Nox there before and didn’t find much, but… will give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom