A superior silver recovery this week!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Yes, this is why KT runs volumes of halves, not just 1 or 2 boxes at a time! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

So, all of these boxes had dates on them from Oct., 2017, but strangely enough KT found a 2018 NIFC in one of them, so all guesses as to what the box dates mean are strictly speculation.

Here is the take this week:

Box 1 - ------------

Box 2 - 1 Walker:shock:, 1 Ben, 5 40% Ag Kens, 2 Proofs, 1 NIFC, 1 Au-plated Ken

Box 3 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 2 Proofs, 1 NIFC

Box 4 - 6 40% Ag Kens, 1 NIFC, 1 Mexico Diez Pesos 1976

Box 5 - ------------

Total recovery: 1 Walker, 1 Ben, 12 40% Ag Kens, 4 Proofs, 3 NIFC (2011), 1 Au-plated Ken, 1 Mexico Diez Pesos.

The Diez Pesos coin was an ender and when KT cut the box open and saw it, for a second His Majesty thought it was the ugliest Ken He had ever seen! :shock:, but then realized it was a Mexican coin! :laughing::laughing:

Anyway, enough commentary, KT knows everyone wants to see the pics!

Have a great week!

Attachments

• CRH 05 21 2021 1 Walker, 1 Ben.jpg
    CRH 05 21 2021 1 Walker, 1 Ben.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 308
  • CRH 05 21 2021 12 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 21 2021 12 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 289
  • CRH 05 21 2021 4 Proof Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 21 2021 4 Proof Kens.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 292
  • CRH 05 21 2021 1 Au-plated Ken, 1 Mexico Diez Pesos.jpg
    CRH 05 21 2021 1 Au-plated Ken, 1 Mexico Diez Pesos.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Woah. 2.5k in halves! On box 4, you put 60 40% ers, maybe it's a typo? :D

Congrats on the walker! The emoji to summarize: :kingdances: :extrahappy:

Josh

Woah. 2.5k in halves! On box 4, you put 60 40% ers, maybe it's a typo? :D

Congrats on the walker! The emoji to summarize: :kingdances: :extrahappy:

Josh

Thanks, Josh...it was supposed to be 6...just wishing 60 KT reckons! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Anyway, still a good haul! And yes, that is what KT hunts every week, $2500 in halves.

Told ya to hang on to yer butt! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks, Josh...it was supposed to be 6...just wishing 60 KT reckons! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Anyway, still a good haul! And yes, that is what KT hunts every week, $2500 in halves.

Told ya to hang on to yer butt! :lol::lol::lol:

What!?! I have to wear a belt ALREADY? :lol::lol: There must be a better way to hold onto my rear end... :laughing:

Josh

Yes yes. Now, exactly how many Au plated kens do you find?

Josh

On average, perhaps 1 every other CRH, so just a few this year so far. KT has a special roll that that kind of oddity goes into, along with counter-stamped Kens, Magic coins, copper-plated, and foreign coins...anything a bit out of the ordinary silvers, Proofs, 1987s, and NIFCs. KT calls all these coins Oddities.

On average, perhaps 1 every other CRH, so just a few this year so far. KT has a special roll that that kind of oddity goes into, along with counter-stamped Kens, Magic coins, copper-plated, and foreign coins...anything a bit out of the ordinary silvers, Proofs, 1987s, and NIFCs. KT calls all these coins Oddities.

I did find a penny with a Kennedy stamped on it... pretty sure it was something from a post card from what I remember... That definitely went into what I call "Interesting Roll". You see any of those coins stamped with a mask on them?

Screenshot 2021-05-22 8.24.59 AM.jpg

KT has not seen this in halves, nor any other coin, although once KT recovered a counterstamped Kennedy half with a small Lincoln bust stamped on it! All these things are after-mint alterations and might be considered as defacing of money, but many businesses colorize dollar bills of various denominations and gold plate federal coinage, selling as enhanced money; they claim it is collectable and therefore of higher value, but do not be deceived...it is only spendable at its original denomination. But if KT ever found one with a mask, He would keep it! :laughing::laughing:

KT laughs when He sees the ads on TV for the large gold plated buffalo nickel, selling for 19.95.. Sure it looks pretty, but it is only gold-plated base metal...no value in US currency....collectors are often hoodwinked into buying so called collectables, instead of investing in real rare or scarce coinage. Rather than investing in such common junk, if you ever have an opportunity to purchase a 1950 D nickel in mint condition, or a 1919S VDB penny, put your money in it. They only get scarcer as time passes and are no longer minted...and watch out for cheap copies, like those Chinese minted US silver dollars in low mintage years...they may be anywhere. When someone offers you one of those scarce coins, at significantly below fair market value, something is not right! If you find it mding, you still cannot be absolutely certain until it is examined in detail by a qualified coin dealer...note the fair number of recent made "Spanish pieces of eight" that have turned up recently that turn out to be modern fakes.

KT has not seen this in halves, nor any other coin, although once KT recovered a counterstamped Kennedy half with a small Lincoln bust stamped on it! All these things are after-mint alterations and might be considered as defacing of money, but many businesses colorize dollar bills of various denominations and gold plate federal coinage, selling as enhanced money; they claim it is collectable and therefore of higher value, but do not be deceived...it is only spendable at its original denomination. But if KT ever found one with a mask, He would keep it! :laughing::laughing:

KT laughs when He sees the ads on TV for the large gold plated buffalo nickel, selling for 19.95.. Sure it looks pretty, but it is only gold-plated base metal...no value in US currency....collectors are often hoodwinked into buying so called collectables, instead of investing in real rare or scarce coinage. Rather than investing in such common junk, if you ever have an opportunity to purchase a 1950 D nickel in mint condition, or a 1919S VDB penny, put your money in it. They only get scarcer as time passes and are no longer minted...and watch out for cheap copies, like those Chinese minted US silver dollars in low mintage years...they may be anywhere. When someone offers you one of those scarce coins, at significantly below fair market value, something is not right! If you find it mding, you still cannot be absolutely certain until it is examined in detail by a qualified coin dealer...note the fair number of recent made "Spanish pieces of eight" that have turned up recently that turn out to be modern fakes.

Yes, I am aware of Chinese fakes. That's why I never bought coins PERIOD.

Countermarked wise, I like them but don't encourage them, I like my coins the way it is! :D

Josh

Your $2500 CRH investment money is getting far more interest than it would get just sitting in the bank . A bit of work on your part but you enjoy it . I am still amazed at the Walkers and Franklins you pull in . Congrats ! Is the Diez Pesos coin silver and is the date 1878 ?

Your $2500 CRH investment money is getting far more interest than it would get just sitting in the bank . A bit of work on your part but you enjoy it . I am still amazed at the Walkers and Franklins you pull in . Congrats ! Is the Diez Pesos coin silver and is the date 1878 ?

HA HA! Unfortunately the Diez Pesos Mexican coin is 1978, and is nickel alloy, not silver. Royal apologies for the crappy picture! :laughing::laughing: Oh, yes, KT does agree that His Majesty is making much more interest than the Banks will pay! :lol::lol: And KT does like the hobby very much. KT was amazed at that Walker this week and it was a 1935D. Pre-WWII by several years! Perhaps that particular box was a dump by someone who did not know anything about silver coins?

Royal Thanks, Soil Surgeon, for your kind comments! Sure surprised His Majesty as an ender! LOL

Back
Top Bottom