• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

JB Xpress

WildDigger

Elite Member
A bunch of you guys know JB Xpress from here even though he has not been on lately. well yesterday while metal detecting I noticed he looked off and I asked him to smile and he couldn't do it. I knew that was a early sign of trama so I rushed him to the fire station down the street from us and they rushed him to the hospital. he suffered a massive stroke with a brain bleed. He is only 38 years old. Please pay attention to your friends as you may save their life. I was with him and his family at the hospital last night and it doesn't look good. He will probably have some permanent damage but it is to early to tell how much. He will need as many prayers and support as he can get as this will be a complete life changing event. If you personally know him please reach out.

38 years old, You just never know, enjoy life while you can, tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
He's lucky to have a friend like you.

Good job on recognizing the signs and getting him help as quick as you did, this is the sort of thing that immediate medical help can make a huge and sometimes lifesaving difference. Last year my brother in law had a mild stroke and everyone thought he was just drunk (admittedly not a stretch) so it wasn't until the next day that they took him to the Doctor. I think there is a 6 hour (probably wrong) window where getting a certain treatment can make a huge difference. You are his family's hero, even if they don't know it. My thoughts are with him.

Oh no! I like JB. Man, that's terrible that happened and so young. Good thing you were there with him to at least catch it and get him help. I was just wondering the other day where he's been, I dont think I've seen any of his posts in over a year. I hope everything turns out as well as it can for him after that.

Isnt that the lunchtime bandit? So sorry to hear, but glad he had someone with him so further damage may have been avoided. Please give him and his family our prayers...

Sad to hear this news and am sure glad you were there with him. I hope he comes out of this okay . Another person in my thoughts and prayers .

That is just too young for something like that to happen. Good thing you was on the ball wildigger --- it appears to me you saved his life. Tell him I'm sending some prayers his way for a speedy recovery.

WOW so glad you were there for him !

My Best friend at 34 had a massive stroke in the middle of the night.. His wife talked to him in the morning and he didn't seem right.. but she went to work anyways.. She did however call his business partner to go check on him which he did and called the ambulance. He has never been the same since as he was past that 6 hour window. Needless to say she is now an EX wife.

He has however in the past 15 years recovered somewhat and is now able to drive which meant a lot to him !

WildDigger.. Thank GOD you were there.. you could very well of not only saved his life nut increased his chances of a MUCH better outcome for him in the long run !!

I hope that he recovers alright. I always hunt alone. I have always figured that someday they will find me laying in a park with all of my detecting equipment missing.

So very glad you were there with him and recognized something was not right, he hopefully should turn out better than if you were not there to help him. Prayers and hopes he gets well enough to be back out detecting with you after his recovery.

Wow he is a great guy and have known him for a long time..hope he recovers soon and glad you were there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildDigger, I heard of this news earlier and wasn’t sure if you knew or not. I hope that he recovers soon. I’m glad that you were there and recognized that he wasn’t himself.

Thank God you were there. The same thing happened to my brother, unfortunately he never fully recovered. I'll pray for him and his family.

Thank you Matt for notifying us here on the forum of Jame's situation. Our thoughts and prayers will be in Jame's corner for a quick and complete recovery. He is and always has been a great asset to this hobby and a great forum family member. He is very lucky to have a friend and hunting partner that was aware of the situation and to react as you did. Trapper

thanx for bringing us up to speed. Print out the well-wishes for him, and let him know we're all praying for him.

Back
Top Bottom