Returned Military Bracelet

rfjuice

Elite Member
When I was detecting the beaches of N.C. over Christmas, I found a military bracelet. It contained the name of a man who was K.I.A. in Afghanistan.

Through some searching I was able to get a phone number to the young man's grandmother. I was able to talk to her this evening. She was so grateful for my calling and finding out if they had wanted it back. Needless to say I got the address and am mailing it out tomorrow.

I'm thrilled and humbled by the opportunity to return something to someone. When I purchased my detector a little less than 3 weeks ago I just had thoughts of finding coins and the occasional trinket. When I found this bracelet I knew what had to be done and am happy to be able to bring an article like this back to someone. I can see there is a whole other side to detecting.

Great story!! You have to feel great about finding the family and getting it back where it should be!

Awesome, thats a find you will always remember and they will always cherish. I would consider that MD paid for! karma is going to reward you for it

Well done my friend!:grin:
This is what its all about. Not just finding treasures but helping people out when we can. I applaud all of those who have found something and returned it to its owners. I have returned two dog tags that I have found while hunting. The look on their faces as they got it back is worth a millon bucks! Nice Job!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat if I find anything else that could be traceable.

There are more rewarding aspects to this hobby than finding loose change and trinkets. Your returning of the lost bracelet will be foremost in mind then
any coin or ring you ever dig. Congratulations.;)

Back
Top Bottom