Can anyone help in OHIO??

HeatherCole

Hello, I'm new to this.. however I have some questions. I lost my wedding ring in our yard in Wadsworth, Ohio on Monday night. We have a ton of snow so it makes it impossible to look. We rented a metal detector yesterday but it didn't seem like it would pick up something so small, only when you would hold it against a metal chair. Does anyone know if theres a place where I can rent a stronger one, or If anyone knows somebody in this area that could help us? This is truely devestating for us. Thank you! -ADDED- I also just put in a request to Lost My Stuff!

Hello, I'm new to this.. however I have some questions. I lost my wedding ring in our yard in Wadsworth, Ohio on Monday night. We have a ton of snow so it makes it impossible to look. We rented a metal detector yesterday but it didn't seem like it would pick up something so small, only when you would hold it against a metal chair. Does anyone know if theres a place where I can rent a stronger one, or If anyone knows somebody in this area that could help us? This is truely devestating for us. Thank you!

Check out lostmystuff.net and file a lost item report. If there is someone close to you they will help for free.

Hi Heather, yes post on http://www.lostmystuff.net/index.php , we have several members close to you. You mentioned alot of snow, did you check your gloves if you were outside with some on. Also pockets of coats, your hands shrink a little with the cold and could have slid off in them. Good luck Tom

Lotts of members from Ohio here. Im sure someone will chime in soon. Dont worry about the ring, it is safe where it is now. Get a good mental picture of where you believe it is. Think of something like a 10 x 10 box of where to start looking. You might retitle this thread something like "need help in Ohio" to get guys to look from your area. I believe one member runs a ring finding group called "Lost my stuff.net" and "ringfinders". Wish I could help but I am too far away. Picking up a detector or renting one can work but it is not as easy to work one accurately without a little training/experience. However it is possible to use one for the 1st time and find stuff, just not as likely w/o some time on the machine. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out!

Heather....They have helped a lot of people find their lost treasures. Please contact them asap for a member near you. Good Luck!

Ok just a thought, might have to wait until the snow melts down some. The ring is heavier than the snow and will sink deeper in soft unpacked snow. Do you have a general area in the yard where you think you lost it. Also how much snow is on the ground in your yard.

Our yard isn't very big in the front or the back. I'm guessing it's in the back. I was out playing with the kids and when I came inside, it was just gone! Theres about 4-6 inches I would have to say,thicker in other areas due to wind gusts.The ground underneath is just completely saturated and muddy.

Sorry, I'm about 150miles away and won't have another weekend in Ohio as I'm leaving for WV again, but yes follow the advice and get on "lostmystuff".
If it isn't found by the time I return a few months, we'll be glad to drive out that way and see if we can find it, so keep in touch, but I'm sure you will find someone that is closer before that. Good luck.

What was the detector that you rented? Gold doesn't read very high on the meter so if you were discriminating out junk, you probably wouldn't get a reading. This is one of the few times that I would say to hunt in all metal and dig everything.

What was the detector that you rented? Gold doesn't read very high on the meter so if you were discriminating out junk, you probably wouldn't get a reading. This is one of the few times that I would say to hunt in all metal and dig everything.

This metal detector, I had found at a local tool rental shop. It seemed pretty old, and only had 2 knobs. One to turn it on, and the other was to adjust the volume of the "beep." It didn't have any settings on it other than a panel to tell you what It should discover. It was a waste of money.

I have gotten a few emails from lost my stuff, so hopefully I can get some help! Thank you all for posting and I will keep you informed!

Heather

This metal detector, I had found at a local tool rental shop. It seemed pretty old, and only had 2 knobs. One to turn it on, and the other was to adjust the volume of the "beep." It didn't have any settings on it other than a panel to tell you what It should discover. It was a waste of money.

I have gotten a few emails from lost my stuff, so hopefully I can get some help! Thank you all for posting and I will keep you informed!

Heather

Heather,

Glad you are getting responses from FMS. I just joined the group in PA.

While MDers may look strange swinging a beeping stick and wearing knee pads and headphones, you'll find they are good people. If the owner of a "find" can be tracked down these guys just love reunions :yes:

Update us when your ring is found and hey, you might just want to get a good metal detector and go find your own cool stuff! Decent units start around $160.00 ;)

Tim

Heather I live about an hour and a half away and can't make it till the weekend. if no one has looked for it I will. We have several members near you and hopefully we can get your ring back shortly. Keep us posted.

You'll find that a lot of the folks that are on here are part of LMS too. They reciprocate sort of. But on LMS they'll get a specific e-mail based on the area so even if they don't check the forum, they'll get word on the loss. Good luck. Keep in mind the areas you played and any areas of your yard you can rule out possibly. You might go so far as to do a small diagram of the yard and the "hard play areas".... stuff like that. That will narrow down the search area some. Good luck and hope your ring is found.

Ring Found! Not what you think....

I went out and searched her front, side and rear yards in a couple inches of snow. It was nice to see my sweep pattern to insure that I covered all the ground. I suggested to check the concrete drive, sidewalk and front stoop as the snow melts and to also check the rear wood deck. I did get a cup of coffee out of the deal and met her husband. Nice folks. She emailed a day or two later and said she found it in her coat that has a hole in the pocket and the ring slipped between the outer and inner layers. It's all good!.:D:D:D

I went out and searched her front, side and rear yards in a couple inches of snow. It was nice to see my sweep pattern to insure that I covered all the ground. I suggested to check the concrete drive, sidewalk and front stoop as the snow melts and to also check the rear wood deck. I did get a cup of coffee out of the deal and met her husband. Nice folks. She emailed a day or two later and said she found it in her coat that has a hole in the pocket and the ring slipped between the outer and inner layers. It's all good!.:D:D:D

I should have guessed that...my jacket pocket eats things like that too! Next time MD the owner's as well :lol:

All's well that ends well...thanks for taking the time to go out :yes:

Thanks for going out and looking, I was going to call her this morning and make arrangements to hunt for it. I thought her gloves or coat pockets were a good idea but she said she wasn't wearing gloves. Glad she found it and thanks for helping her.

Back
Top Bottom