• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Man Finds Wedding Ring In Grandmother's Garden

TheCoilist

Elite Member
SHELBY, Mont. -- A Montana woman received a big surprise for her 80th birthday - the wedding ring she lost eight years ago. Norma Welker of Shelby told the Great Falls Tribune she took the ring off while she was arranging flowers cut from her garden. A phone call distracted her while she cleaned up and she didn't realize the ring was missing until after her trash had been hauled away. She searched the compost pile with no luck and figured the ring was gone forever. This spring, she decided her garden was too difficult to keep up and asked her grandson to till it so she could plant grass. Nick Welker was tilling the area when he spotted what he thought was a pop top. He bent down to pick it up and found what looked like his grandmother's lost wedding ring. His grandfather is deceased, and he showed the ring to his parents, who confirmed his suspicion. Together they decided to surprise Norma Welker with the cleaned up ring for her 80th birthday. "I really couldn't believe it," Norma Welker said. "It just seemed like it was so impossible. I asked him where on Earth did you get this?" Norma Welker points out that if her grandson hadn't found the ring it likely would have been lost forever after the area was planted with grass. As surprising as the find was, it wasn't the first time Nick Welker recovered a lost wedding ring. As a senior at Shelby High School in 2004, a shiny object caught his eye in the school parking lot. It was a $15,000 wedding ring that belonged to a teacher. Nick Welker returned it and refused the substantial reward she offered, Norma Welker said. "He doesn't need a metal detector to be a treasure hunter," she said. "It was something that was just supposed to happen, I guess." ___

Information from: Great Falls Tribune, http://www.greatfallstribune.com

I think the kid stole them lol

Cool story!

I found a silver wedding band in our garden this year. I eyeballed it while pulling weeds around the tomatoes.

When I asked the neighbors who lived in our house before we moved in, they said, "Lots of people! It was a rental!"

So, there's no way I can find out who it belonged to. :(

I can believe it. It sometimes gets so cold (-50 w/o a chill factor) that people have to keep moving just to keep from freezing to death. Fingers get numb and who knows what falls off as your fingers shrink.

It's a great area to MD from June to August.......after that, run for cover!!!

Dusty

haha what are the odds of him finding two rings though. one of which was from a grandmother whom he had contact with and the other ring from a teacher. i think he snatched them and had to return them due to a guilty conscience. lol

Back
Top Bottom