• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Returned Military Bracelet

A very honorable thing to do, way to go! Just curious though, was this a bracelet that personally belonged to the soldier, or a POW/MIA bracelet that is worn in remembrance?

Back in the 80's I owned one of the POW/MIA bracelets that I purchased at a County Fair. Was able to hand pick the one I wanted out of a box of many...I'm pretty sure they are sold to raise money for soldier's families? Anyhow, I foolishly gave it to an ex-girlfriend back then. But I will never forget the name...PFC Wayne Bibbs.

was this a bracelet that personally belonged to the soldier, or a POW/MIA bracelet that is worn in remembrance?

It was more of a remembrance bracelet. I found it a few miles away from the base he was stationed at, so perhaps a friend of his, had it and chucked it in the ocean.

When I was detecting the beaches of N.C. over Christmas, I found a military bracelet. It contained the name of a man who was K.I.A. in Afghanistan.

Through some searching I was able to get a phone number to the young man's grandmother. I was able to talk to her this evening. She was so grateful for my calling and finding out if they had wanted it back. Needless to say I got the address and am mailing it out tomorrow.

I'm thrilled and humbled by the opportunity to return something to someone. When I purchased my detector a little less than 3 weeks ago I just had thoughts of finding coins and the occasional trinket. When I found this bracelet I knew what had to be done and am happy to be able to bring an article like this back to someone. I can see there is a whole other side to detecting.

Good JOb man, may your next hunt reward you with silver coins, large cents, and indian head pennies!!!

Back
Top Bottom