Mailbox idea

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
An idea that I came up with for our mailbox. How many of you know what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_20092020_144707_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20092020_144707_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 274
No, it is a bluejay decoration that I hung on it. Going to take it off it doesn't look natural.

Really ?
....I was wondering if the mailbox was on a rotating swivel and that ball would swing around and hit whoever might try to smash your mailbox :laughing:

(we haven't had that problem here, but I've heard about people designing unique mailboxes in areas where kids might try to smash mailboxes :lol:)

I've thought about different ways to alert the owner that mail has been delivered.. That's why I asked..

If you are sending something, the flag will be down, but otherwise there's no way of knowing you have mail delivered..

I've thought about different ways to alert the owner that mail has been delivered.. That's why I asked..

If you are sending something, the flag will be down, but otherwise there's no way of knowing you have mail delivered..

I've used these motion detectors in my yard to let me know if someone drives onto my property, but I enclosed them in plastic bottles with a cutout for the front to keep rain off of them.

Haven't used it for the mailbox, if you have much traffic driving by your mailbox it would set it off each time. We even had deer roaming thru our yard set them off :lol:

Motion Sensor Alarms

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLSDMT6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

I just did a search and found this wireless mail alert system, since I haven't used it myself I can't vouch for it but it does seem to have a good review rating -

Wireless Mail Alert System

https://www.amazon.com/Mail-Chime-MAIL-1200-Wireless-System/dp/B00103FDDU/

Out here where I live, our mailbox is on the roadside, about a 1/4 mile from our house since we sit pretty far off the road. We leave the door of the box open, and if we see it is shut, we assume we have mail! We can't see it from the house, but if we are leaving or coming home, and the door is shut, we stop, if it is still open, we keep driving.

Back
Top Bottom