Tool sheaths

bunkeru2k

Just could not stand having so many different things in multiple spots, so I had to grab some leather and make a quick setup. I kept the finds pouch small and slotted the top to drop coins through, since that is mostly what I am shooting for. Turned out ok for a quick piece without any templates.

Attachments

• 20200825_213017.jpg
    20200825_213017.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 430
I made a cheap sheath for my digger. I doubt if I have much over fifty cents in it. It is open at the end and the dirt falls through. It will fit about all of my diggers. I have been using it now for several years without any problems.
Open Sheath (1).jpg
Open Sheath 2 (1).jpg
The digger in the picture was made by a friend of mine.

Nice work all. After some aggravation with the supplied PulseDive holster, I decided to do the same. I carry my digging tool on my ankle, most the time, so I just needed a holster that would allow that big ole head, on my PulseDive, to be accessed without it hanging on the head piece and requiring a two handed retrieval. While I have never made much with leather before, it came out great. The holster has about a 15 degree cant with the finished side of the leather (slick side) on the inside against the PD. I left the ruff or unfinished side out, treated both with neatsfoot oil and finished the inside to a slick finish. Of coarse, a few 'screw-back' conchos made to resemble old coins, look great mounted on the ruff or fuzzy side just for coolness, ha. Seriously, if you find yourself fighting to retrieve your PulseDive from it's factory holster, there is a solution.

The only real problem with treating things with neatsfoot oil is that it can make things too pliable and they can lose the shape/retention. For a rough-side out application like that, I would actually use one of the shoe/boot waterproofing sprays.

Back
Top Bottom