2020 MTHA (Massachusetts) Open Hunt - CANCELED

jimther

Elite Member
EDIT - 10 PM Monday, July 6th

Several hours after I posted the MTHA Hunt announcement this morning, I received a text from our club president. Sorry to report that our annual Open Hunt at Houghton's Pond has been canceled this year. This was decided last night in a club ZOOM session that I was not participating in. Here is the link to an update at our web site with further information / reasons for canceling - https://masstreasure.com/yearly-hunt/

Thank you to all the Forum members who have attended these hunts in prior years and have been asking about this year's hunt. I was looking forward to seeing you all again.

Please disregard the announcement below which I posted this morning.

Jim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding our annual Open Hunt, according to our Huntmaster, Sandi, she has reserved the date of October 3rd, 2020 and as of right now, she sees no reason to cancel. I was reluctant to post a hunt announcement on the forum because I have no details yet, due to uncertainty with things re-opening, post- Covid 19.

I've had a couple of inquiries about the 2020 hunt from fellow Forum members so thought it was best to give folks an opportunity to reserve that date on their calendars.

Our web site www.masstreasure.com will also be providing Hunt status and updates.

Last year was the first time we had online registration at our web site and that worked out real well. My recollection is that a large majority of hunt registrations were online in 2019. I expect that trend to increase for 2020 and beyond.

So, as I hear more, I will post updates in this thread.

If you have never been to an MTHA Open Hunt, here is a link to an online photo album from our 2019 hunt. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=277798

Last edited by a moderator:
Boooooooooooo lol thanks for the update Jim. I was hoping we could make it work with less hunters, mandatory masks, and 6 ft distances. Hopefully 2021 is looking better! If we start donating silver coins now, we could have double the amount by 2021 as well. I'm more than willing to donate some more silver. Anywho, hope all is well, and hopefully we can all hunt again next year!

Boooooooooooo lol thanks for the update Jim. I was hoping we could make it work with less hunters, mandatory masks, and 6 ft distances. Hopefully 2021 is looking better! If we start donating silver coins now, we could have double the amount by 2021 as well. I'm more than willing to donate some more silver. Anywho, hope all is well, and hopefully we can all hunt again next year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jeff... Yeah, this COVID-19 thing has really messed up a lot of stuff around the world. Better safe than sorry, I guess. Our club hasn't met since February.

Thanks for your kind offer of a donation of silver coins for next year's hunt. I will mention that to Sandi and Scott. Lot's of time now to plan for the 2021 hunt.

Have a great [and productive] summer, with lots of bucket-listers in your pouch !

Jim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jeff... Yeah, this COVID-19 thing has really messed up a lot of stuff around the world. Better safe than sorry, I guess. Our club hasn't met since February.

Thanks for your kind offer of a donation of silver coins for next year's hunt. I will mention that to Sandi and Scott. Lot's of time now to plan for the 2021 hunt.

Have a great [and productive] summer, with lots of bucket-listers in your pouch !

Jim
Any updates for 2021?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay in responding, tankerhoosen. I don’t check here that often. Our hunt master, Sandi has booked a date for an October Hunt at Houghtons Pond, though I’m not sure it will “get off the ground”, with the COVID situation. Things loosening up, but these hunts take a lot of work and planning. Hope there’s still time to do all that.
As soon as I hear something definitive, I’ll be posting an update here.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom