Just picked up a Tesoro Cibola

Hotled

I found one that was used one or 2 times for 150.00.
I always thought I was a numbers guy but ya know what?

These things are awesome and light! It’s to bad I waited till they weren’t made anymore .
You can quiet them completely for cherry-pick or clad outings.

I think everyone should at least try them!

I’ve heard a lot of great things about Tesoro’s I might have to try a vaquero or tejon

Great price on a fantastic detector.
I use both Tesoros AND screen units and after learning both types I have said for years both are fun to hunt with although in different ways and learning to hunt well with non screen detectors can only help you immensely when you switch to units that have screens and yes...everybody should do that.

Great price on a fantastic detector.
I use both Tesoros AND screen units and after learning both types I have said for years both are fun to hunt with although in different ways and learning to hunt well with non screen detectors can only help you immensely when you switch to units that have screens and yes...everybody should do that.

I've always found better finds with my Tesoro detectors. It only takes just a few hunts with a Tesoro to have it pay for itself. Tesoro detectors with a concentric search coil attached, 'nails' Monte's nailboard test with flying colors. Tesoro detectors have the BEST discriminators in the business. Period.

beephead

I found one that was used one or 2 times for 150.00.
I always thought I was a numbers guy but ya know what?

These things are awesome and light! It’s to bad I waited till they weren’t made anymore .
You can quiet them completely for cherry-pick or clad outings.

I think everyone should at least try them!

Yes! I’ve been looking at these for years, but the Vaquero model so I can ground balance and all that. I've spent hours watching YouTube videos and reading up on them and, as you said, of course they are out of business now. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy and try a used Tesoro; they are/were some of the best in the biz. I love my Fishers but man, tough to argue with the simplicity and power of those Tesoro detectors.

I use a DIY Tesoro Golden Sabre and like it.
This is a close cousin to the Cibola.

Did you DIY it yourself? Been poking around the Geotech Forums myself. Thinking about trying to DIY a TGSL as a winter project.

Back
Top Bottom