Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 08-14-2020, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by shellhouse View post
Coil ears on F75 also seemed MUCH weaker and honestly flimsy in comparison, which is not meant as criticism for anyone's experience otherwise.

They must have changed the F75 coil ears over the years as all 3 of my Fisher coils had these support ridges for added strength.

Magnusbob you will like the Equinox. It is a good machine.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2020, 06:20 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by JimR_TN View post
They must have changed the F75 coil ears over the years as all 3 of my Fisher coils had these support ridges for added strength.

Magnusbob you will like the Equinox. It is a good machine.
Those ears do appear thicker than what I recall on a SE or LTD that I had. They were thin to the point of being concerning on the stock coil (making a "tink" sound picking with a fingernail) and seemed like shiny ABS plastic. Then again, I'm not a plastics expert - need to watch some more AvE videos to check out what I have.

Heeding the warnings on the Nox and especially with a 15x12 coil by getting coil ear supports. This one here does not have any ridges, and I can't recall if the newer 15x12 do or not.

Congrats Magnusbob on the purchase!

Old 08-22-2020, 07:24 PM

Default Equinox 800 is here and already impressing me.

So, my purchase of an Equinox 800 has arrived via Big Boys Hobbies (Very impressive service by the way! Friendly and informative!).

I did a test run in my back yard for only about 1.5 hours and landing a ton of coins. This is extra impressive to me because I had already gone through my back yard with my old F2 for two days previously. So, apparently, this new machine picks up considerably more signals. I'm so pleased.

Fun finds: One 1940D Wheatie, One 1945 Canadian Penny, and a small ring that appears to be garbage (magnetic) but still! The rest is clad.

Signals were strong, and I feel like I'm picking it up quickly. I have my entire front yard to go through and then on to more historic sites and permissions. Very fun.

Thanks again to all that gave their advice.
M
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2020, 02:48 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the new 800. Good choice!

Old 09-18-2020, 11:26 PM

yep bought it